What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Extremely late posting today too many appointments to juggle!
BG @. 8.30 am was 6.1
BG before lunch was 5.4
Goodness knows how had a chocolate caramel mini egg last night has I was sick of my readings,it's a mystery how these BG reading turn out. Has I have said if I'm good and eat nothing that raises my BG it's higher, have something I shouldn't have and it lowers????K
Hi ianpspurs any ideas what the hell is happening with my BG readings???K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone. It is 5.9 for me. Will take a short break from posting as I am going away to Singapore for about ten days.
Have a fabulous holiday! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Callebaut are like chocolate drops. Made some high fibre bars this afternoon with 100 gms of those melted, 100 gms raspberries, 3 tablespoons milled flaxseed, 3 tablespoons single cream, 6 gms psyllium husk powder and liquid sweetner. Left to set in the fridge while I did exercise bike cycle for an hour. Tasted good and gave a 5.6 after 2 hrs - I only ate half.
Apologise if this is a TL DR post!
Edit: Reading may be high everything is coming back about .5+ higher than normal just now
Hi ianpspurs where you a chef in a past life you have some unique recipes it sounds delicious,wish I had your BG readings I wouldn't complain one jot! K Good luck on this journey?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ianpspurs where you a chef in a past life you have some unique recipes it sounds delicious,wish I had your BG readings I wouldn't complain one jot! K Good luck on this journey?
@Granny_grump_ Just happy to share and hope others enjoy because I have learned so much from people on here over the last 3 years. You might wish you had my readings but I wish I had your equanimity. I need everything done yesterday - "the fierce urgency of now"

Edit: Just eaten the last portion of those chocolate bites following a session on the exercise bike. They are much better left in the fridge for a day - good with French Vanilla coffee.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
BG @. 8.30 am was 6.1
BG before lunch was 5.4
Goodness knows how had a chocolate caramel mini egg last night has I was sick of my readings,it's a mystery how these BG reading turn out. Has I have said if I'm good and eat nothing that raises my BG it's higher, have something I shouldn't have and it lowers????K
The mind boggles k

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
BG @. 8.30 am was 6.1
BG before lunch was 5.4
They do say a little of what you fancy does you good in this case it seems to be true.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me have a great day and enjoy the easter bank holiday
How true
FB_IMG_1522317981805.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

Grey , grey and grey this morning ;) but at least it's not freezing, (it was -8'C on the car thermometer yesterday morning), Helping out in the charity shop for a few hours this morning and there will be a yearly special event in the garden opposite, it's an open air 'Hot Cross Bun' party with free buns, coffee/tea and music organised by a local Christian group, how's that for temptation? Hot cross buns will be scenting the air and I shall be trying to resist.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.