On the pregnancy roller coaster again

nmb264

Hi Everyone.
Just found out im almost 5 weeks pregnant with no 2. My little boy is just over 2 now.
Instant stress and crazy emotions!!!
Hasn't quite sunk in yet! X

xshellyx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations, I'm pregnant with my second aswel.
My son is 3 in May and I'm 18 weeks Sunday.

Reactions: nmb264

nmb264

Thanks! I'm super early and keep doing tests because I'm already comparing it to last time! When I had awful cramps x

eabhamurphy

Hey! Congratulations. I'm pregnant for the second time now as well. My little boy will be 2 in May. I'm due in July. My insulin therapy is so different now that's it hard for me to compare and even remember from two years ago now.
What are you using? MDI or pump? Xx

nmb264

Hey sorry I never seen this. Congratulations to you. I'm in the pump and luckily in Edinburgh the libre is funded so I've just got that on prescription this month. I'm stressing myself out comparing symptoms or lack of them already! How has your pregnancy been?x

eabhamurphy

Hey sorry I never seen this. Congratulations to you. I'm in the pump and luckily in Edinburgh the libre is funded so I've just got that on prescription this month. I'm stressing myself out comparing symptoms or lack of them already! How has your pregnancy been?x
That's great. Last pregnancy I was MDI and libre. This time I'm on Medtronic and CGM which has been brilliant. In my first pregnancy I battled hypos continuously. This time the smart Gard and not using Long acting insulin have pretty much eliminated hypos but make me worried about a higher average blood sugar not being good for baby. I also note much steeper increases in insulin requirements from week to week. For example last week my correction factors, carb ratios and basal rates all increased about 35% on average. Biggest jump yet and another 10% on some basal rates yesterday.
Otherwise going well and reduced hypos mean I really am not feeling as tired as I was last time.
Have you had you early scan yet?
Xx

nmb264

I found my note book from my last pregnancy with all the Ratio changes. I just wish I'd written everything down that worried me to look back on now haha
Its on the 9th! Ages away it feels. Last time up to 13 weeks I got terrible period like cramps everyday. This time so far I have little to no symptoms so just want this scan now!!!! x