Hba1c

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hba1c has gone up slightly. 8.3 now was 8.1 last time. But I know with doing more insulin and more tests I can get back into the 7’s.

Reactions: muthuvel

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Yes you can do it. And although this has gone up a bit, you can be happy knowing you are back on the path to sensible eating/ injecting.

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hba1c has gone up slightly. 8.3 now was 8.1 last time. But I know with doing more insulin and more tests I can get back into the 7’s.

A1c can have a lab error of up to 5%, therefore 8.1 could be a true value of anything between 7.7 and 8.5 and 8.3 could be a true value of anything between 7.9 and 8.7. Note how much overlap there is between these two ranges, therefore your BG control may not have changed at all, it could even have got a little better.

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A1c can have a lab error of up to 5%, therefore 8.1 could be a true value of anything between 7.7 and 8.5 and 8.3 could be a true value of anything between 7.9 and 8.7. Note how much overlap there is between these two ranges, therefore your BG control may not have changed at all, it could even have got a little better.

Oh right didn’t know this! Thank you