What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Thank you so much for all your kind wishes, @ianpspurs, @karen8967 and @DJC3. Blood sugars are slowly inching down. This morning they were 5.6.

@Freema -- Wonderful to see that your fasting blood sugars are in the 5s today.
@Granny_grump_ -- How is the healing of your leg coming along?

Happy Easter holidays, everyone.

Thank you dear Ziggy

Reactions: ziggy_w and flexi06

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Thank you all you wonderful people for the birthday wishes. @ ziggy_w @Jenniewren1958 @Granny_grump_ @Freema @Goacher55 @geefull.

No 2 daughter made me scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and avocado for breakfast. The family bought me a voucher for a hot air balloon flight- something Ive always fancied, so feeling v spoiled. X
Wonderful I always wanted to do that but that was many moons ago, enjoy the experience and the rest of your birthday couldn't find an hot air balloon picture to send you but you know what I'm getting at! K

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Reactions: ianpspurs

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Thank you all you wonderful people for the birthday wishes. @ ziggy_w @Jenniewren1958 @Granny_grump_ @Freema @Goacher55 @geefull.

No 2 daughter made me scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and avocado for breakfast. The family bought me a voucher for a hot air balloon flight- something Ive always fancied, so feeling v spoiled. X
Oh, I forgot it’s your Birthday ! Enjoy your special day. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
im fine thanks k more giggling with the basal waiting for a half unit pen for my lantus already got one for my apidra and i staart dafne course on thursday so all good how are you doing :)
@karen8967 good luck with the dafne course and your new half unit pens, hope you've had a nice few days relaxing over the Easter break, I'm doing fine hopefully will soon see the last of the dressings on the leg I go on Wednesday,will ask how the skin graft is looking Has I cannot see it properly when they do the dressing change. At least it's no longer painful take care ! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks @dogslife and @eddie1968.

@Granny_grump_ I thought I had a hot air balloon emoji on my phone too but no. I’ll let you know how it goes, does adrenalin affect bg?

@karen8967 Hope your course is better than the Desmond one I attended. At least no biscuits offered, which I know some people have reported!
@DJC3 agree totally with the Desmond course useless, and has to effects of adrenaline on BG your the Guinny Pig so let us all know your results, but just enjoy the whole experience wish I'd done it myself jealousK

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 good luck with the dafne course and your new half unit pens, hope you've had a nice few days relaxing over the Easter break, I'm doing fine hopefully will soon see the last of the dressings on the leg I go on Wednesday,will ask how the skin graft is looking Has I cannot see it properly when they do the dressing change. At least it's no longer painful take care ! K
Thats good k hope its good news on wednesday an glad to hear your no longer in pain.ive had a lovely easter took grandson to the albert dock .but i was in work friday an today but hey ho someones got to do it

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thats good k hope its good news on wednesday an glad to hear your no longer in pain.ive had a lovely easter took grandson to the albert dock .but i was in work friday an today but hey ho someones got to do it
I don't miss working the weekends and bank holidays at all you have my sympathy! K

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im in work as we speak

Well I hope you live in a time zone that's ahead of me, or that's a horribly early start. Mind you, my next shift block starts at 0545 so I'll be getting up at stupid-o-clock :)

Reactions: DJC3