Blurred Vision

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The steroids have been given for the sarcoid. The joint pain and swelling etc is connected with sarcoid.

Steroids WILL cause blood sugars to rise. This is a recognised side effect and not just in diabetics unfortunately.

gkyeo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just throwing in a LCHF fact here. I'm type1 for more than 35 years, over 50 now generally reasonably healthy, no glasses. Vision had begun to deteriorate where I needed a bright bed lamp to do reading, vision chart was up two lines from the smallest. Started the LCHF diet in January and my vision has improved to the point where I can read nutrition labels in fine white print on a grey background and back down to the smallest print on chart. No other supplements or lifestyle factors have changed.

Lolix1963

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thank you for all your replies.

I am following a low carb diet as per dieticians advice. I saw the. Dietician on Thursday and they are very happy with my diet. I took in a three day food diary for them to assess.

Whilst at the hospital I went to the eye clinic to chase my appointment. I was very discouraged to discover that the referral marked as urgent two weeks previous had not been sent. However I had a copy of my discharge summary and the clinic wasn’t too busy so the dr saw me. There is no retinal damage. So that reassuring.

I’m still not feeling great and currently suffering with D&V ... it’s literally one thing after another.