What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning guys 7.7 today. I felt pretty bad yesterday + still today. Craving carbs and it’s like I have depleted all my body stores and now I’m exhausted - is this a thing ? I’m having 75 percent fat. I am eating avg 1,350 cals ( I need to lose weight and this is either under or in correct zone) I’m hoping I’m just a bit ill and this is temporary. I’m seeing DN today but I think she will just say I’m not eating enough carbs- which is how it feels for the first time since starting about 2.5 weeks ago. Do u all think this is a normal stage, if so how long wii it last? Feel so sluggish- don’t wanna move about at all. Zzzzzzz

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning guys 7.7 today. I felt pretty bad yesterday + still today. Craving carbs and it’s like I have depleted all my body stores and now I’m exhausted - is this a thing ? I’m having 75 percent fat. I am eating avg 1,350 cals ( I need to lose weight and this is either under or in correct zone) I’m hoping I’m just a bit ill and this is temporary. I’m seeing DN today but I think she will just say I’m not eating enough carbs- which is how it feels for the first time since starting about 2.5 weeks ago. Do u all think this is a normal stage, if so how long wii it last? Feel so sluggish- don’t wanna move about at all. Zzzzzzz

Hi flexi06 Perhaps you have low carb flu? When you drop carbs significantly over a short time period this can happen to some people.
I think there are a few threads on it as I’ve read about it on this forum. But maybe someone more knowlegable than me will be able to offer advice?

Hope you feel better soon though. Good luck with your appointment.

Reactions: ziggy_w and flexi06

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @DJC3, I have read about this- I think I assumed it would be at the beginning- rather than 2 weeks in, but as I say it was an assumption not a fact. Thanks tho xx

Gonna ask if I can come off sitagliptin today - I think she will want me to wait till I’m stable and in normal range all the time, but my bs readings show a consistent decline so fingers crossed.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today
Back in bed with a creamy coffee.
Even with this very unimpressive fbg I am so happy to wake up in the morning and not have to go to work.

Completely agree @Granny_grump_ I dont miss the weekend/ bank holiday working or being called out at night.
Pleased to hear your grafts are no longer hurting. Are you still having honey dressings? Did they do the trick re infection?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning all including left footers, right footers and those folicaly challenged.
A massive 12.7 for me this morning, mistakenly I took my morning dose of Prednisolone 10mg ( steroid ) last night. Who's a silly boy then. Must go chaos and mayhem are awaiting my attention. Be good ,well somebody has to.

Edit after copious cups of koffy and a walk pre lunch blood sugar reading 9.9 under 10 so ok for me. Thanks all. Now just got my sanity bring back into this universe. Oh and omitted Prednisolone this morning.

2nd Edit, After got taken for a walk this afternoon blood sugars pre evening meal a low 5.9 for me.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @DJC3, I have read about this- I think I assumed it would be at the beginning- rather than 2 weeks in, but as I say it was an assumption not a fact. Thanks tho xx

2 weeks in still seems like quite early days to me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.8 this fine morning. One meal, five readings, average 4.8 yesterday so a sweet spot recently - back to earlier in the month. The trend started Saturday so no link to Spurs winning on Sunday. I hope everyone had a good break where possible and my sympathy to those who have to work. I toil not, neither do I spin anymore - just decompose in genteel surroundings:happy:

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: ianpspurs

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

not enough of a walk yesterday, must do better :( It started to sleet so I put it off and then became engrossed in a book and it was too late when I realised. I'll feel the better for a good walk even if it is cold and wet today. Have a decent day everyone :)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone,hope you all had a good Easter break.
5.2 this morning....a surprise as I've been mostly in the lower 6s for weeks, could be less pain relief and my increased activity on the Zimmer frame!!
My family have been comparing me to the clockwork granny racing toys........just ten more days to me losing the leg cast!