RIP Lidl High Protein Rolls

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not every Waitrose sells Livlife, only the bigger stores. There are 3 near me which don't stock it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Waitrose seems to be a southern thing. Maybe they think we are poor peasants up north that can't afford their prices.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
QUOTE="Bluetit1802, post: 1743759, member: 94045"]Waitrose seems to be a southern thing. Maybe they think we are poor peasants up north that can't afford their prices.[/QUOTE]
We're poor peasants here too, @Bluetit1802 ;) The small one in the posher town a few miles away doesn't have LivLife; when Waitrose were looking to open a larger store in the area we were pointedly ignored and it went to a smaller prettier town! As for Ocado delivering to my postcode, perish the thought.....!

Reactions: eabhamurphy

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We're poor peasants here too, @Bluetit1802 ;) The small one in the posher town a few miles away doesn't have LivLife; when Waitrose were looking to open a larger store in the area we were pointedly ignored and it went to a smaller prettier town! As for Ocado delivering to my postcode, perish the thought.....!

We already have a north western upmarket supermarket in my town (Booths) in addition to small Tesco, Sainsbury, Lidl and Aldi, but it only sells bog standard bread, not even Burgen. (You can't move for olives, but I hate the darned things!) Marks and Spencer was asked to take over a Kwik-Save some years ago for a food hall. They declined.

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, my friends, I'm so sad to post the official news from Lidl that HPRs are being discontinued. As you can see, I've asked them for the recipe and will post it if I get it. I've tried other low carb bread recipes, but they just don't hit the HPR spot.

Let's take a moment...

Lidl
9 minutes ago

Hi All,

While we know this will be dissapointing to the customers who regularly buy the high protein rolls, especially for health reasons, we can confirm Lidl has taken the decision to discontinue them.

We have heard great feedback on them in the past on My Lidl from those who do buy them but unfortunately they simply weren't selling through well in the stores.

Best,
My Lidl Team

PinkMinx
2 seconds ago

Thank you @Lidl for the feedback and it is indeed disappointing that these are being discontinued.

Can I make a request? If they are not scheduled to return at any point, could I ask you for the recipe so I can make them myself? I know this is cheeky and you probably won't be able to let me have it, but us LCHF diabetics would love you forever!

Kind regards.

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If I dared to go in later than the second baking of them in a day at our local Lidl they were all gone. Thre is a gym next door nd loads of there used to buy them. Our Lidl couldn't bake enough of them and reckoned their demise was temporary. What on earth am I going to be able to substitute for these at lunchtime? Suggestions please.

nannysno1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Vinegar! Mayonnaise! Mustard ... all those kinda 'saucy' things! Salads are much better naked!!
Constant Pain!
I would have loved to try this bread, but Lidl in Northern Ireland never had them in store , but by the number of people on this site are able to eat them if they were markets as Low Carb they would sell like hot cakes over hear.
I always thought there were none at my local store too...?
Turns out you had to get there very early in the morning as they’d sell out so quickly!!
I don’t personally believe they’re not selling enough .. maybe there’s some other reason? Don’t know .. maybe they want people to buy something similar that has a higher profit margin?
I’m told they’ve a new loaf that’s quite high fibre/low GI? Is that true?

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always thought there were none at my local store too...?

I’m told they’ve a new loaf that’s quite high fibre/low GI? Is that true?

I checked out that so called high fibre /low GI loaf they are selling and it is not low enough carb for us. Others out there are better. They showed me the nutritional information out of a big black file.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t personally believe they’re not selling enough

I wondered about that, too. I think more than one person has said that the managers at their stores had described them as "best sellers". And it was certainly lucky to find any left in the bins when I got to my local Lidl, they clearly sold well.

But then, for a long time, it seems like some Lidls actually bothered to offer them, and some didn't. So maybe Lidl never gave them a fair chance. And it's not like the managers of the stores where they were best sellers will necessarily have bothered to feed back that info to the people up the chain.

It's a real pity to see these go, and there may not have been as a good a reason to stop them as Lidl believed.

joss.t2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, my friends, I'm so sad to post the official news from Lidl that HPRs are being discontinued. As you can see, I've asked them for the recipe and will post it if I get it. I've tried other low carb bread recipes, but they just don't hit the HPR spot.

Let's take a moment...

Lidl
9 minutes ago

Hi All,

While we know this will be dissapointing to the customers who regularly buy the high protein rolls, especially for health reasons, we can confirm Lidl has taken the decision to discontinue them.

We have heard great feedback on them in the past on My Lidl from those who do buy them but unfortunately they simply weren't selling through well in the stores.

Best,
My Lidl Team

PinkMinx
2 seconds ago

Thank you @Lidl for the feedback and it is indeed disappointing that these are being discontinued.

Can I make a request? If they are not scheduled to return at any point, could I ask you for the recipe so I can make them myself? I know this is cheeky and you probably won't be able to let me have it, but us LCHF diabetics would love you forever!

Kind regards.
or maybe the long life half cooked bread rolls. We could finish cooking at home? Less stock in shop and fresh bread when we want it. Like the more usual white baguettes they sell.
there's a chance they may come into the shop like this anyway or even frozen.

Reactions: nannysno1
P

pollensa

Let's take a moment...

Lidl
9 minutes ago

Hi All,

Best,
My Lidl Team

PinkMinx
2 seconds ago

Kind regards.
Here you go, ingredients Lidl protein Rolls. May Help, but surely, any breads lower carbs or not are not recommended for those with diabetes, rather recommended seed crackers made with sunflower, sesame, flax, chia and parmesan cheese would be more benefit??
How Does It Taste?
The ingredient list states; Water, Linseeds, Wheat Protein, Soya Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Sesame, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Bran, Oat Fiber, Yeast, Salt, Colouring Spice Extracts (Curcuma).

lidl_roll_2.jpg

per 115g serving per 100g
Energy 298 kcals 268 kcals
Protein 30.7g 26.7g
Carbohydrate 9.8g 8.5g
(sugars) 0.6g 0.5g
Fat 15.4g 13.4g
(saturates) 0.5g 0.4g
Fibre 14.3g 12.4g

Hope this helps re ingredients.

nannysno1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Vinegar! Mayonnaise! Mustard ... all those kinda 'saucy' things! Salads are much better naked!!
Constant Pain!
I buy the Hovis Low Carb (seeded) sliced loaf ...it’s often on offer for only 70p from Tesco’s!

Reactions: joss.t2

JonM1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Best alternative (in my opinion)= LivLife
Waitrose does sell it up north (I regularly buy it in the Glasgow Byres Road branch). I don't know if there is any foundation in the rumour that the Lidl rolls weren't really low carb, I certainly spike worse after eating them than I do LivLife. So for now it's the best commercial option I know.

If you have the time/ingredients this is better still (about 2g carb a slice): https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/multi-purpose-low-carb-bread-recipe

I regularly make this when not visiting Glasgow for a while. It is worth giving the loaf another 15 minutes on a lower heat, as it is a bit moister than conventional bread.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Waitrose does sell it up north (I regularly buy it in the Glasgow Byres Road branch). I

Sorry, I was referring to the north of England. I had a quick look at the distribution of their shops. In the north of England there are 3 in the Newcastle area, 5 in the whole of Yorkshire (our largest county) and it seems the only others in the north of England are centered round Manchester and Liverpool. (6 in the whole of Scotland) They seem to be centred round cities. http://www.kevinlaurence.net/googlemaps/waitrose.html

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is confirmed.. got an e-mail reply from the message I sent to the UK CEO last week

"Dear Mr *****

Re: High Protein Rolls

Thank you for your recent communication.

I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction regarding this matter. I have investigated this matter with our Buyers and can confirm that this product has been de-listed, there are no current plans for these to return to our stores.

I apologise for any dissatisfaction this causes you, your feedback regarding this matter has been registered.

I hope you will remain a valued Lidl customer.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Leonie Faulds
Customer Services Manegement "

Love the way they cant spell management...

So sorry folks.... time to ditch the bread!