What should my levels be?

Dexie

Hi

I was diagnosed on Friday 1st feb with T2 diabetes , High Cholestrol & high enzymes in my liver, after a fasting test is wall still 14.4 so what should i have been? the Dr has put me on metformin, Ramipril, and Simvastatin, i know i have brought this on my self as i am overweight and just turned 40 but i am feeling like my world is collapsing, but reading every thing i can on this site to help me.

any comments would be gladly apreciated

Dexie

this is all new to me

Linda59

Hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of help on this forum.. sugar they usually say under 7, cholesterol under 4 but sorry can't help with the enzymes ..I take my Metformin with breakfast and supper, simvastatin also with supper..any questions you have will be answered by someone! :)

Linda

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Ideally under 7!If you've been reading the site you will have picked up.
(a)Life change.....this does not go away if you ignore it!
(b) Diet........lower the carbs/fats cut out the processed snacks and go for fresh and home made if possible so you know what's in them.
(c)Exercise...if you are unfit start slow but get going!Go for a walk,join a gym,buy some weights,something your not doing now,then add to it and build up.It's amazing how quickly you build up stamina.
(d)Monitor.test your blood sugar.If you haven't been given a tester get one from your diabetic nurse,you're on medication ,they should give you one..test first thing in morning.test after meals to see what foods send your blood sugars up(read the forum,there's a lot of info about testing on here)

Sorry this sounds sergeant-majorish!!Don't worry ,we've all been here!!First thing I did was look at portion size.After being used to feeding three boys for years I realised that I was still cooking for five instead of two!!

Knowledge is the key to control