New book by Jason Fung - The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes naturally

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK I have skim read it this afternoon.
For the newly diagnosed I'd say its a great book. It gives broad stroke pictures of the history of diabetes, causes, treatments (those that don't work and those that do and why) looks at drugs, diet and fasting (as any book by Dr Fung would) and gives a few brief case histories to illustrate some points.
For those who have been members here for a while and have watched Dr Fung's videos then maybe not. There's nothing very new although the structure of the arguments and outlining of "reasons why" is probably clearer than the videos. There are lots of references too for those who like to follow up studies.
Personally it didn't show me anything new but then again I consider myself a bit of an old hand at this. I would however think it would make a great gift for doctors who don't seem to understand Type 2 very well.
I'm certainly pleased to have it sitting on my bookshelves along with "The Obesity Code" and would say the "Diabetes Code" is a bit less "sciency" than "The O C" so maybe a bit easier to understand.
I'll be interested to hear what others think.

Reactions: rom35 and Rachox

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Read my review on Amazon, then write your own! Remember that by reviewing a book you are helping people who are newly diagnosed find it, as Amazon promote books based on reviews.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read my review on Amazon, then write your own! Remember that by reviewing a book you are helping people who are newly diagnosed find it, as Amazon promote books based on reviews.
Done.. hope its not too gushing...

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have just purchased it as I would like to rebase myself one year in and remind myself of why I was so strict to begin with when diagnosed 1 year ago.

I will review once digested

Reactions: ringi

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m only 19% of the way through so far but will post my thoughts when I’ve finished.

Reactions: ringi

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
They could probably review it now, it won’t be anything he hasn’t already sold to people.

He posted a blog about this today, there is NO new content, but there is over one year of editing of the content from his blogs and talks, along with professional proofreading and graphic design etc. So given the time, you can get all the information for free.

Reactions: kokhongw

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He posted a blog about this today, there is NO new content, but there is over one year of editing of the content from his blogs and talks, along with professional proofreading and graphic design etc. So given the time, you can get all the information for free.
I hadn't read his blog post but having done so I would say how refreshingly honest he is.