ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks @Tipetoo If it was just wiping out spam, then yes. Anything else, not really up for it, unless of course it was outright blatant scam ... and haven't we seen enough of those in recent times. I don't tolerate either too well. But the caveat would be only when the UK is fast asleep and then, I'd bow out and pass the baton.
I need moderating when I'm having trouble sleeping. Most of the world's swear words definitely come to mind. Ha ha

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Please remove me, as after my husbands death I cant be impartial at all. I am fighting the NHS and really haven't time or patience to do the role of a mod justice.

Wishing well to other nominated persons and all those finding time to moderate currently.
We haven't forgotten you hun. I'm respecting your grieving process. You know where I am for any 24hr chat. Keep eating well. Please.
Thinking of you, always. Hugs in reserve when you need them.
Keep posting. Even scream thread has given me some light relief in the past. We respect your grieving hun. :(

Reactions: donnellysdogs

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for nominations from @Jenniewren1958 and @Rachox very sweet of you but don’t wish to be put forward at this stage as I have demanding caring responsibilities just now.
I do however agree with others that @Rachox would make a good moderator. Agree too with others that there are a fair few members I’d be more than happy to suggest but note that @Rachox seems keen and would I feel do a great job.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys.

It’s that time of year again, when we are due to hold a round of Mod Elections.

In line with the forum protocols, Moderators serve a period of two years, after which time they are eligible for a re-election for a further two year term, before taking a break.

This year, that means that Andcol, himtoo. JuicyJ and Urbanracer are eligible for re-election, as is Tim2000s, however Tim has elected not to re-stand.

Andcol, himtoo, JuicyJ and Urbanracer are therefore automatically re-nominated, by the Admin Team, who would like to extend their thanks to all of the Mod Team for their efforts over the last year.

Current Mods not requiring re-election are: Brunneria , Pipp , Jaylee , Enclave

This thread will act as a collection point for new Mod nominations. If you would like to self-nominate, feel free to do so, or if you would like to nominate someone else, that’s also great.

We would like to bring Mod numbers up to around 12, with a mix of diabetes types.

Our proposed timelines are as follows:

Nominations : Open now, and will close on Thursday 12th April

Voting: To open Monday 16 April, and close on Friday 27th April, with the successful candidates announced shortly thereafter.

Please do not use this thread to vote. A new thread will be published for that once nominations have closed, however, this post will be regularly updated to add the nomination, for easy visibility.

Good luck everyone!

DCUKMod, on behalf of the Admin Team.

The current nominees (minus those who have declined are listed below. This list sill be updated regularly. If there is anyone on the list below who does want to stand, please let me, or any current Mod know

So far, we have:

@therower
@Rachox
@Robbity
@catapillar
@donnellysdogs
@NicoleC1971
@Goonergal
@shelley262
@Mike D

List updated: 4/4/18 at 23:50
Hi could you please take me off the list as too busy with various demanding caring responsibilities just now to stand! Thank you

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh hello @Jenniewren1958 and thanks @Bluetit1802

I'm not seeing many T1s stepping up yet, so would accept nomination and see how the vote goes.

Keep in mind that I have never seen the point in language moderation and that I eat more carbs than many...

Welcome to the nominees bench! :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Rachox , I've been using a burnt out 9 year old lappy & the browser on my ipad mini for ages.. :)
Though i've recently sported out on a decent desktop PC. it's been more than doable with a tablet.. Hope this helps.!
I confess to using an ancient tablet computer. Feet up cuppa in hand, when on moderation duty. Spent far too many years at a desk to want to return to that way of working.

Reactions: Rachox

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another vote for @wiflib from me as well.
Thanks @Simon84. Will take that as you have seconded the nomination? To avoid any confusion about nomination and voting I remind everone, Voting doesn't start yet, and there will be a separate thread for that after all nomination phase ends.

As stated in the original post in the thread:

'Our proposed timelines are as follows:

Nominations : Open now, and will close on Thursday 12th April

Voting: To open Monday 16 April, and close on Friday 27th April, with the successful candidates announced shortly thereafter.

Please do not use this thread to vote. A new thread will be published for that once nominations have closed, however, this post will be regularly updated to add the nomination, for easy visibility.'

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
List of nominees is regularly updated in first post on thread so folks can see who hhas been nominated already.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd like to nominate @Scott-C if he'd have any time available for the role. His posts are usually of high quality and inject some much needed common sense at times. The other people I would mention have already been nominated.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'd like to nominate @Scott-C if he'd have any time available for the role. His posts are usually of high quality and inject some much needed common sense at times. The other people I would mention have already been nominated.

Thanks for the kind sentiments, db, (I might copy'n'paste them into my CV!), but I'll decline to be nominated.

Day job, etc. etc...

Anyone asked Theresa May whether she wants nominated? I'm sure she's lurking about here somewhere, and might view it as a bit of light relief from Brexit...

Status
Not open for further replies.