KEV0314

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was using CBD and became very ill. I was told CBD can work like pineapple juice and stop medication being absorbed by the body and cleaned by the liver.. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist to be sure it wont react with your medication. Apparently can stop blood pressur tablets working among others

Alli1958

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I was using CBD and became very ill. I was told CBD can work like pineapple juice and stop medication being absorbed by the body and cleaned by the liver.. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist to be sure it wont react with your medication. Apparently can stop blood pressur tablets working among others
Are you aware that cannabinoids are totally natural to the human body? We have them in our DNA, Our babies ingest cannabinoids in breastmilk and it is a lack of cannabinoids that is responsible for many of today's illnesses - along with poor diet and pharmaceuticals which destroy our bodies natural immunity.

There are only 2 drugs that are contraindicated for cannabinoid use and they are cortisone and morphine. Cannabinoids do not stop blood pressure meds for working and in fact after a month on decent quality cannabinoids, people can stop their blood pressure meds - with no ill effects at all as cannabinoids work to balance the immune system as well as each and every other system in the human body as we have CB1 and CB2 receptors (365) in total through the body and every cell and organism responds well to these. If someone has high blood pressure, cannabinoids will lower it. If someone has low blood pressure, cannabinoids will return it to normal levels. Cholesterol levels lower naturally on cannabinoids too and again, with the right medical grade of cannabinoids it is very possible to come off insulin completely.

There is nothing to fear from cannabinoids and they are a million times better for you than any man-made pharmaceutical. The problem is that doctors are not educated on the endo-cannabinoid system as it is a fairly recent discovery (early 1990's) and not taught in medical school until quite recently, and there is a lot of fear from the medical community who are dependent on big pharma for kickbacks, bonuses etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby123

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Higher strength better but build up to it. There is so much about the oil on internet for helping more than diabetes..

Reactions: Bobby123

Bobby123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cannabinoids are great for many things, including helping diabetics to come off insulin. I know many in South Africa who are using a CBD/THC combination made with specific strains to treat diabetes who are insulin free now.
Do you know which strains they are using? Do you actually know of a type 1 who is off insulin? I once met online two type 2 diabetics, one was on lantus and the other one was on lantus and metformin. The one on lantus came off insulin with doctor`s approval and the other one was still on metformin but not on lantus.

isotsha

Cannabinoids are great for many things, including helping diabetics to come off insulin. I know many in South Africa who are using a CBD/THC combination made with specific strains to treat diabetes who are insulin free now.

So if possible, those that are using it or know of others that are using it, can you please tell us what make of oil, the strain (if you know) and how much and how often you are using the oil. More details would be appreciated.

Soupladel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are you aware that cannabinoids are totally natural to the human body? We have them in our DNA, Our babies ingest cannabinoids in breastmilk and it is a lack of cannabinoids that is responsible for many of today's illnesses - along with poor diet and pharmaceuticals which destroy our bodies natural immunity.

There are only 2 drugs that are contraindicated for cannabinoid use and they are cortisone and morphine. Cannabinoids do not stop blood pressure meds for working and in fact after a month on decent quality cannabinoids, people can stop their blood pressure meds - with no ill effects at all as cannabinoids work to balance the immune system as well as each and every other system in the human body as we have CB1 and CB2 receptors (365) in total through the body and every cell and organism responds well to these. If someone has high blood pressure, cannabinoids will lower it. If someone has low blood pressure, cannabinoids will return it to normal levels. Cholesterol levels lower naturally on cannabinoids too and again, with the right medical grade of cannabinoids it is very possible to come off insulin completely.

There is nothing to fear from cannabinoids and they are a million times better for you than any man-made pharmaceutical. The problem is that doctors are not educated on the endo-cannabinoid system as it is a fairly recent discovery (early 1990's) and not taught in medical school until quite recently, and there is a lot of fear from the medical community who are dependent on big pharma for kickbacks, bonuses etc.

I am no expert in this, but even the limited research i have done has suggested hat there are a whole host of drugs that have a potentially negative interactions with CBDs among them include beta blockers and proton pump inhibitors.

Now I am not disagreeing with what you have said per se, but I do think it is a little bit dangerous to suggest because they are all natural, there is nothing to be concerned about taking CBD products and medication. Hell we already know what certain fruits, specifically grapefruit, can interact or inhibit certain medications.

The information i have seen has suggested that CBD oils can inhibit Cytochrome P450 which in turn inhibits the effectiveness with which the body absorbs and metabolises certain drugs. The result of this means that some drugs (like the ones mentioned above) end up at higher levels in the blood because they are not being filtered out as quickly.

I take omeprazole for acid reflux as an example (one of the drugs affected as it is a PPI) and CBD oils mean higher levels of this in my system. However as this is a drug that can be tolerated in relatively high levels in your blood, it will have little to no impact on their effectiveness. However in the case of blood pressure medication, it could potentially lead to lower blood pressure than expected, which depending on the individual, could lead to dizziness and feinting because the BP is in fact too low.

My advice would be for anyone considering CBD, do your research beforehand based on the medication you are taking and where there are no major warnings, start at a lower dose and build yourself up to ensure you dont end up in trouble.

Another piece of advice i saw when researching this was to do the grapefruit test, if your medication has no warnings about taking them with grapefruit, you should probably be ok but start slow and if in doubt consult a doctor

Reactions: donnellysdogs

bchabfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ve been diabetic for 26 years and my road with this illness was very bumpy. I used to have lots of informations in my body almost every month. I’ve got neuropathy and kidney failure plus high blood pleasure. But the last two months literally changed my life! I added to my diet CBD oil, that is organic and pure and it gave me a new life. My sugars are better and I take less insulin as well. My doctors are very surprised and pleased in the same time. So if you think of any alternative therapies, go for CBD. Some people are against it or scared but I can truly recommend that to everyone. I got all my pills stopped by a doctor as I don’t need them any more

So happy your health has improved! I have just started a cbd/hemp oil my spouse got for me, it also has helped my sugars. Are you a type one or two? I am a type 2

bchabfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I get mine from CBD Brothers too, not long started, but having looked at the forums CBD Brothers came very highly recommended. I have started using it as I am disabled with chronic pain, have M.E., high occular pressure and diabetic neuropathy affecting my feet. I think that's a long enough list hahahaha! I am currently using the blue and purple oils, the blue during the day and purple at night.

I hope the oil is helping you!