I think I might be pregnant

elouisexxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I have a few questions I think I might be pregnant but all the pregnancy test are showing inconclusive could that be because of my diabetes. Plus what is the normal reading of sugar levels when pregnant thanks x

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello being a diabetic won’t impact the test result. How early are you? Sometimes the hormone is low so it’s not picked up on clear blue etc. The cheaper tests in b&m Superdrug are better for testing early.
My sugars were the same as they would be for a period, so normal period is a bit up and down.
What’s your sugar been doing?
Is this pregnancy planned?

Reactions: sarahm723

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
After three boys I finally figured out what causes this condition.

Reactions: Sweet_Sophie

elouisexxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello being a diabetic won’t impact the test result. How early are you? Sometimes the hormone is low so it’s not picked up on clear blue etc. The cheaper tests in b&m Superdrug are better for testing early.
My sugars were the same as they would be for a period, so normal period is a bit up and down.
What’s your sugar been doing?
Is this pregnancy planned?

Two to three weeks late on my period, why would you say the cheaper ones are better? Also my sugar are 4s in the morning and 6s in the day time and 11s in the evening when normally there just in there 4s and 5s and no it’s not planned x

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you look back you may see a post like this from me a few months ago! I had never ever missed a period but was 2 weeks late and showing all the same signs that I did with my son diabetes wise!

However, after being more than 3 weeks late, hello period!! The only time it’s ever happened and funnily enough the month after we found out I was pregnant with baby number 2.

It may be just a random missed period and hormones are affecting your diabetes, pregnancy tests aren’t often wrong, especially as late as 2 weeks :/

elouisexxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The clear blue digital worked well for me.

I tried clear blue and you not it’s a cross if you are and a line if not well it showed and line across and half a line point down if that makes sense x

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I tried clear blue and you not it’s a cross if you are and a line if not well it showed and line across and half a line point down if that makes sense x

Try the digital one, there’s no risk of misreading pregnant or not pregnant!

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The cheaper tests pick up the pregnancy hormone sooner than the expensive ones. If you are that late clear blue should be accurate.