Has cannabis oil for arthritis also lowered Hba1c?

M

Mr_Phillips

Nov17, Hba1c 42 , Cholestrol 5.2, HDL ratio 2.5, non HDL 3.1, HDL 2.1, Trig 1.3
Jun17, Hba1c 43 , Cholestrol 5.3, HDL ratio 2.7, non HDL3.3, HDL 2, Trig 1.3
Nov16, Hba1c 45 , Cholestrol 5.8, HDL ratio 3.2, non HDL 4, HDL 1.8,
Sep16, STARTED dosing on cannabis oil
Jun16, STOPPED taking 80mg Glicizide tablet twice a day for diabetes
Jun16, STOPPED taking 10mg Ramipril and 10mg Amlodipine tablets for BP
Feb16, Hba1c 51
Dec15, Started walking dog as an exercise
May15, Hba1c 47
Jun14, Hba1c 52
Feb14, Hba1c. 86
May13, Hba1c 50
Feb13, Hba1c 58
Dec04, Hba1c 5.8%

12 Dec 2016 : Blood Pressure taken at GP 152/104, BP now 124/82
Age 64, height 164cm, weight 66kg(which has remained quite constant for many years). Presently prescribed medication:
10mg Ramipril and 20mg Simvastatin

Hi all, I am a newbie who doesn't seem to know what he is doing. When I was told I had Type 2 diabetes it somehow did not sink in that I had a serious problem because I did absolutely nothing. I was under the impression that as I am prescribed medication that should sort everything out. How naive can one be?

It was only when I inherited a six month puppy that I started exercising by taking him for his morning daily walks. Walks would normally be for half hour covering approximately one mile. When the dog was about one year old the walks extended to approx. two miles taking approx 45mins and, it will be twice daily.

You will note that I stopped my twice daily medication of Glicizide without consulting the doctor and she was horrified. I did it because I was suffering frequent hypos after my walks and the readings were always in the low 3s and once came down to 2.7 which scared the hell of me. I have also not been happy having to take two different medication for my blood pressure so yet again I decided to stop them as it seemed excessive. Fortunately the doctor is now happy to only prescribe 10mg Ramipril for my BP. I am also presently looking into whether I can come off my Simvastatin and any advise will be appreciated.

Besides having to live with diabetes I also suffer from other ailments and it was my arthritic knee that was giving me most pain that prompted me to try administering cannabis oil to relief the pain and aid walking. The unintended consequences of that action would appear to be that my Hba1c was lowered. I do apologise most profusely for corrupting the Hba1c data by stopping my Glicizide tablets and starting my oil so close to each other. Let me state that I was not attempting to conduct an experiment or any research into the efficacy of cannabis oil on diabetes. I was merely treating a pain and it has now given me a dilemma as to what to do going forward. I have already cut my dosage of oil by half and it is my intention to completely stop taking it so that I may evaluate my condition further. Obviously, I will be more conscious of what I eat and I think it might be easier for me to just cut some carbs and simvastatin to see what happens.

By the way, I am not under any diet and basically eat nearly everything that is given to me. In fact I have been very naughty over the last three months. Because of earlier encouraging results, I thought I would take the risk and increase my consumption of snacks, which included lots and lots of crisps,chocolates,biscuits and my favourite cashew nuts. Maybe that might explain the minuscule one point fall in the latest result. Back to the drawing board to analyse those figures. All these data now seem to throw up more questions than answers for me, and I hope some of the members can interpret the data better. Looks like much more research required.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My CBD oil dropped my bloodsugar some, yes. Not too dramatically, but it did help, with my inflamed joints, insonnia... Lowering my levels to boot was a nice bonus. ;)

quintel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been told by the nurse at an IMAGE course at my hospital that cannabis lowers your blood sugars apparently!

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Friendlymama

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Wow, took a while to read that and digest all that info.
Very interesting.

Did it help with your arthritis pain at all?

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admit that I was in holland and barrett, completely forgetting that I'd read a few weeks ago that they where now selling this and grabbed myself a bottle when a guy in front of me asked if there was any in store...

I was hoping that it might assist me to sleep and hoping as a side affect that it might lower my sugars... I better look into taking it for a week or 2 and see what happens....

Soupladel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I must admit that I was in holland and barrett, completely forgetting that I'd read a few weeks ago that they where now selling this and grabbed myself a bottle when a guy in front of me asked if there was any in store...

I was hoping that it might assist me to sleep and hoping as a side affect that it might lower my sugars... I better look into taking it for a week or 2 and see what happens....

I have recently started taking CBD and it is obviously way too early to tell for me if it is worth it or doing anything for me, but in the research i have done, almost everyone has said that the CBD Oil sold by holland and barrett is almost entirely useless as the CBD levels in it are so low as it render it pointless.