Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
6.7 today well the fives where short lived but I had a very restless night after picking grandson up from airport at 1am ! Tomorrow’s a different day here’s hoping

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Just out of curiosity how low could you go without adverse feelings?
I have been at 3.2 on a trusted synchronised (with NHS meter) with no issues. Finished my 5 mile walk with 220 pushups at 11.00, measured BS at 12.15 at 3.7, so just 4 hours to 48 hour fast (which will get broken at 17.30 when I go to my wedding anniversary meal - so 49.5 hour fast thereabouts). My energy levels are through the roof so now some weights.

I am lucky that my liver appears to dump correctly so I don't worry about being below 4 on occasions.

Reactions: Freema and bigjim19

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been at 3.2 on a trusted synchronised (with NHS meter) with no issues. Finished my 5 mile walk with 220 pushups at 11.00, measured BS at 12.15 at 3.7, so just 4 hours to 48 hour fast (which will get broken at 17.30 when I go to my wedding anniversary meal - so 49.5 hour fast thereabouts). My energy levels are through the roof so now some weights.

I am lucky that my liver appears to dump correctly so I don't worry about being below 4 on occasions.
5 mile walk followed by 220 pushups is Olympic in my book!!! Happy anniversary. You are going to really enjoy that meal! Do such long fasts keep your BS very low? If you didn't do the fasting and just exercised what would the difference be? And if you just did the fasting? Thanks again