What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
Went to bed on a 4.9 BG that busy yesterday I didn't eat until 3.30 pm then had a sandwich that's all I ate all day.
This morning BG was 6.3 beggars belief! K

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Weather is glorious, we are expecting 23 degrees today. So, we have made plans to spent the day outside and to end it in a side walk cafe sipping wine and snacking on tapas (low carb of course). After almost six months of winter, I feel insanely happy.

Blood sugars were 5.7 this morning, so a bit up again, but the flu still seems to be lurking.

@heavyd -- Hugs from me, a high HbA1c is really frustrating. I agree with @Granny_grump_ and @Freema. You can do this, we have your back.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weather is glorious, we are expecting 23 degrees today. So, we have made plans to spent they day outside and to end it in a side walk cafe sipping wine and snacking on tapas (low carb of course). After almost six months of winter, I feel insanely happy.
Weather envy alert

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. Weather is glorious, we are expecting 23 degrees today. So, we have made plans to spent they day outside and to end it in a side walk cafe sipping wine and snacking on tapas (low carb of course). After almost six months of winter, I feel insanely happy.

Blood sugars were 5.7 this morning, so a bit up again, but the flu still seems to be lurking.

@heavyd -- Hugs from me, a high HbA1c is really frustrating. I agree with @Granny_grump_ and @Freema. You can do this, we have your back.
Hi@ziggy_w Wish our winter was gone it's pouring down here all day, miserable,enjoy your lovely weather and your side walk cafe with wine and tapas and family! K

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Good morning all. Weather is glorious, we are expecting 23 degrees today. So, we have made plans to spent they day outside and to end it in a side walk cafe sipping wine and snacking on tapas (low carb of course). After almost six months of winter, I feel insanely happy.

Thanks a lot

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ok going to try that. We eat a lot of carbohydrates down here in my area. Need to really cut down on that seriously
What would be a typical days meals for you perhaps we could work out some alternatives for you by just replacing some of what you eat. Good luck anyway!K

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
What would be a typical days meals for you perhaps we could work out some alternatives for you by just replacing some of what you eat. Good luck anyway!K
Granny I'm always on the move so I grab bread here and there and I also eat a lot rice so need to cut down on these. Moreover I eat them most for dinner

Reactions: Freema

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning everyone
Went to bed on a 4.9 BG that busy yesterday I didn't eat until 3.30 pm then had a sandwich that's all I ate all day.

Perhaps the body is releasing energy into the bloodstream so the body can function. Would someone more knowledgeable care to comment ?

Reactions: karen8967

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Madam and me may be on a little roll, perhaps we're being slightly presumptuous but I feel as though we're in an ice-skating competition. 4.7, 4.1 and today
botty-flopping might come tomorrow.

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone

Very strange, as this happened to me, 4.2 before bed last night and 6.2 this morning after waking.

Maybe my vampire machine wants me to do extra tests today to satisfy its blood lust

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

really felt the cold yesterday, odd how some days just seem to work that way since I lost weight, never mind, looking forward to some warmer weather:)

Can't win sometimes can you?
most of my adult life I've been looked at with slight (and sometimes not so slight) disdain for being overweight/fat/then obese, my supermarket trolley and plate openly scrutinised by others when out. Been miserable often trying to diet following the 'guidelines' and been disbelieved when I said it didn't work.
After diagnosis I found this forum and LCHF and it, and you friendly people have changed my life
but....
Flippin' heck! yesterday I had someone tell me they didn't believe me that I'd ever been obese and someone else tell me it was ok for me eating an all day breakfast because I didn't have to watch my weight! :banghead:

Not going back though If I can help it ;) and I think perhaps it's time for an update on the LCHF success thread with before and after pics. - after I copy them to my phone! :happy:

Have a good day all :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Madam and me may be on a little roll, perhaps we're being slightly presumptuous but I feel as though we're in an ice-skating competition. 4.7, 4.1 and today
4.7 botty-flopping might come tomorrow.
Good to see a series of numbers which give you satisfaction. Can you pinpoint any changes which have driven this run or is it just serendipity? If botty flopping occurs pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good to see a series of numbers which give you satisfaction. Can you pinpoint any changes which have driven this run or is it just serendipity? If botty flopping occurs pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again!
The run is all down to increased walking, starting swimming yesterday... outdoor:eek::eek: and getting into the garden and digging. No swim today but I'll be out challenging the weeds to give up for a while. I know it's getting warmer when the danelions start flowering.
I only watch ice-skating for the botty flops:hilarious:

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 today,still recovering from a little carb fest.I decided this morning to do a test run,in my case a test totter,on the walking/tottering frame ready for the hospital visit on Wednesday.With the new swivel car seat no problem transferring into car........off to our health centres Boots,to pick up a prescription......everything went fine if I don't include the delivery guy who let the door go in my face!Now I understand how difficult it must be on a daily basis for anyone permanently disabled.A lovely,smily Boots assistant came to my rescue and pointed out the door opening button which I'd failed to notice(Iwas so busy tutting at people without manners these days):banghead::banghead:Forgot to mention that hubby had also offered to walk with me into the shop,but I was in stubborn,independence mode.Next time I'll remember the button!:)