Taking Tresiba to the test

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm having a somewhat unplanned experiment with my long acting insulin today and tomorrow (and possible with a tail lasting another 2 days )
Had a wonderful day sailing today, after which we sat and had a drink. It was so nice I decided to call the neighbour to take my dogs for the night so we could stay and drink whisky and spend the night on board.

I usually take my Tresiba long acting between 12 and 2 at night, but I don't have it with me so it'll have to wait till tomorrow. It should be possible with this insulin to postpone an injection by 12 hours or so, so I'm very curious what will happen .

I'll keep you updated (and don't worry about the whisky , I'm pretty experienced combining drinks with insulin. And I will have less insulin than normal anyway :) )

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have found it can easily last 36 hours on the odd occasion I forgot to take it at the normal time.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm having a somewhat unplanned experiment with my long acting insulin today and tomorrow (and possible with a tail lasting another 2 days )
Had a wonderful day sailing today, after which we sat and had a drink. It was so nice I decided to call the neighbour to take my dogs for the night so we could stay and drink whisky and spend the night on board.

I usually take my Tresiba long acting between 12 and 2 at night, but I don't have it with me so it'll have to wait till tomorrow. It should be possible with this insulin to postpone an injection by 12 hours or so, so I'm very curious what will happen .

I'll keep you updated (and don't worry about the whisky , I'm pretty experienced combining drinks with insulin. And I will have less insulin than normal anyway :) )

Keep testing & enjoy the night.
Let us know how you got on, Antje.

I'm more a vodka man myself. Raising a glass to you!

Reactions: porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess the screenshot says it all, taking Tresiba over 12 hours late is nothing to worry about :) :) :) . Not even on an idiotically active day which included an appearance in the Dutch 8 o'clock news* followed by a lot of booze and not enough sleep. Now I only have to work the timing slowly back to normal.
Screenshot_2018-04-08-14-39-52.png

*I'll include a link to the news item, because it's just so cool to be on the news. I'm the fattish one in the red Ducking Fiabetes shirt and the small white dog is Foelie, one of my dogs. I now pretend to have a famous dog :angelic:. I work on the ship and we sailed 3 short tours yesterday with 45 people each, so I got a lot of question about my Libre sensor. So now there are at least 50 more people who know about the Libre and think it should be included in health insurance :) https://nos.nl/artikel/2226293-vroeger-voer-de-anna-wel-300-dagen-per-jaar-nu-maar-100.html

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I saw a slightly higher peak than I'm used to for a slice of bread this afternoon and a slightly higher peak for a beer this evening. Nothing impressive, went just over 8 for a short time, but I guess it has something to do with a lower amount of long acting in my system.
On the other hand , could very well be coincindence too, knowing what unusual things I did last day and night :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Glad you were not on the news due to being rescued from DKA due to lack of insulin!
Sounds like a great trip.