Daily Carb Consumption

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey T1’s,

Just wondering what most people average with daily carb consumption...

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I aim for 150g.

Excluding anyone on a LCHF diet.

ygqVx.gif

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
100g ish - depends on how much exercise I'm doing. If a lot of exercise then a lot more carbs.

Reactions: therower

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I weigh 80kg and eat 'around 150-175g mostly complex carbs a day, as in porridge oats, wholemeal bread and basmati rice, supplemented with rich tea biscuits to deal with the bolus tail, 23-24u Lantus & rarely more than 12u over 3 injections of Humalog, but 15 years back at 90kg around 225g with more insulin on-board.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey T1’s,

Just wondering what most people average with daily carb consumption...
On average 150/180 g daily. Sometimes more , sometimes less depending on exercise regimes, days out with family and special occasions.

Reactions: karen8967
D

Deleted member 308541

I ate about 150 grams of reheated rice last night with dinner, it had a shed load of carbs showing in the two hours later bgl test.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I run 2 diets. The first is a Eatwell based diet set at 1850 cal which is 55% carb (where 4 cal is 1gr carb), 25% fat and 20% protein This diet is not for losing weight as I have reached my desired weight about a year ago.
The lunch meal is split into 2 one at 10am, the second at 2pm. This avoids spikes and means I can get two good fasting readings (when not doing below)
The second diet is mainly high sugar treats which is where I've figured out how many cals Ive used doing a particular exercise usually walking (measured by Google Fit) or using my exercise machine (by smartwatch app) this can amount to an additional 600cal (150 gr carb) a day in carbs

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Around 100-150g planned carbs depending on appetite. Plus a variable amount of carbs as hypo/dropping blood sugar treatment. I aim for somewhere between 1250-1450 calories a day, depending on how many unplanned carbs I eat.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
130g but that can fluctuate due to excercise, family, work.
I'm 160cm and 49kg (well might be a tad over that due to this week's all inclusive holiday...). So someone taller/more active may want more.

Reactions: kev-w and therower

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It varies from about 90g to 140g depending on the situation/temptation/hunger/etc

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm also in the 180g club, though more if that days exercise merits it.

I also limit any one meal to about 50g (with the occasional exception).

Biekmas83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Varies by day, am 74kg. 5.7,so average Height (that's what I tell everyone who says am short......) around 180 grams. But can go as high as 300.... Depending on exercise (cycling to and from work). But also lowers if the dawn phenomenon takes hold!!