Type 2 Lidl's Rolls

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning as I cannot get anymore Lidl's low carb rolls Ithis morning I tried Burgen linseed and soya bread,I had one slice with two poached eggs,my readings so far as follows.

8.30am -5.3

8.45am-breakfast of two poached eggs and one toasted slice of Burgen bread

(30min)9.15am-6.1

(1 hour)9.45am-6.6

(90min)10.15am-6.8

(2 hours)- 10.45am-5.3

will fill in when completed what do you think so far,Thank you my friends

Last edited:

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good result. I love That bread but sadly it puts my BS up (as does everything)!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning @Arab Horse my friend and thank you for your reply,much appreciated,I tried 2 slices at the same time but it took me to 8.9,so I shall keep to just one slice:)

This morning I had porridge and raspberries at 8am

8am Before eating porridge 5.5

9am 1 hour 8.1

10am2 hours 5.1

I love my porridge but would that short time rise put you off:)

Reactions: AdamJames

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning @Arab Horse my friend and thank you for your reply,much appreciated,I tried 2 slices at the same time but it took me to 8.9,so I shall keep to just one slice:)

This morning I had porridge and raspberries at 8am

8am Before eating porridge 5.5

9am 1 hour 8.1

10am2 hours 5.1

I love my porridge but would that short time rise put you off:)

It's a matter of personal judgement and how you interpret current 'science' I guess.

I'd say a reasonable evidence-based target to aim for, for long-term health, is < 7.8 at 2 hours, and even better if you can stay less than that at 1 hour. To within the accuracy of meters, I'd say you got a very good result for porridge, something which I and many other's can't have. If you really love porridge and can find other ways to lower your starting (fasting) point, then you may be able to get away with it!

Definitely worth doing the same test again however, as the first time I tried porridge I thought it was a wonder food, hardly any rise at all. Every other time it was a very bad rise, so I stopped eating it.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been making bread using recipes from the diet doctor site of late and they work quite well for me even toasted with cheese on if I buy bread now it's usually kingsmill no crusts with only 9.5g of carbs and 50 calories per slice.

Got to be careful when toasting it though.

Reactions: wiseowl_123