Type 1 in the US

Aambler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So from reading a lot of the different topics on here it seems like y’all have better educating then we do over here. I was diagnosed with late onset at age 18 and was given my insulin and told briefly what numbers to watch and sent on my way. With the big difference in education I was wondering if anyone had any tips? I am now 23 A1C last check was around 8.3 headed down. Just getting annoyed and upset with being diabetic all around.
Thanks ahead of time.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. What insulin regime are you on? I assume Basal/Bolus? Have you reduced the carbs in your diet - very important for both blood sugar reduction and weight control. That HBa1C is still too high but you know that. What guidance we you given on getting the insulin balanced? Are you carb-counting the Bolus for meals? Support over here in the UK varies a lot as I suspect it does in your homeland (where?)

Aambler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi and welcome. What insulin regime are you on? I assume Basal/Bolus? Have you reduced the carbs in your diet - very important for both blood sugar reduction and weight control. That HBa1C is still too high but you know that. What guidance we you given on getting the insulin balanced? Are you carb-counting the Bolus for meals? Support over here in the UK varies a lot as I suspect it does in your homeland (where?)

Yea basal/bolus. When I was first diagnosed I did great was down to a low 6 I thought I had it all down but was never really taught nutrition. I stopped watching and that’s where I let it get out of hand. Now my insulin is a base amount on a sliding scale, but if I’m not watching I can’t really do the sliding scale. So in all reality it comes down on my, I was just not really given the information needed I have researched and found most of it myself.