What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.8 today @ 4.30 ish - awake since around 3. I often find I wake really early when the previous day was OMAD. Enjoy your day - right now too dark and cold to tell what it will eventually be like here. I am off to feed the dogs and make tea.
10 minutes later: Just listened to Joni Mitchell Both Sides now:headphone: Earworm from yesterday. Gorgeous way to start a day. God has a way of amazing and delighting you! JM fest now.

Last edited:

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

7.2 for me this morning, with finger prick at 6.40am, which was a shock.

Checked my Freestyle Libra and this showed a spike that rose to over 8 from below 6 around 4am just after I woke up to nip to loo.

Prior to that it was showing all below 6.

Only difference to normal was I had a small glass of red wine and small piece of cheese at 8.30pm as a treat last night.

May have to stop the treat

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Cat got me early this morning -- but cat gotta eat, poor thing ;). (The bowl was actually still half full.)

Blood sugars were 4.7 this morning (Did a quarter of an hour on the elliptical trainer last night -- first time in a month after the flu).

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening all that includes football fans who according to the newspapers in the 1980's were being specified as a group of sub humans. Not my view but ....
Anyway a gentle 7.5 for me this morning.
Anybody know how Reading, Oxford and Swindon football clubs got on at the weekend ?

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning.

I'm a little shocked as I've been fasting, only had water and coffee yesterday and my bloods throughout the day stayed at six or just below. I feel good though and will do it again at the weekend :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6.7 this morning.

I'm a little shocked as I've been fasting, only had water and coffee yesterday and my bloods throughout the day stayed at six or just below. I feel good though and will do it again at the weekend :)
Your liver is dumping K

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
4.3 @ 0815 hrs

last food 7pm the night before going to fast until 7pm tonight........ water only it seems tea with full fat milk spikes mes a bit dont figure? Have a great days peeps and stay off the cake n buns lol

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all.

7.2 for me this morning, with finger prick at 6.40am, which was a shock.

Checked my Freestyle Libra and this showed a spike that rose to over 8 from below 6 around 4am just after I woke up to nip to loo.

Prior to that it was showing all below 6.

Only difference to normal was I had a small glass of red wine and small piece of cheese at 8.30pm as a treat last night.

May have to stop the treat
Keep the wine!

Reactions: ianpspurs