Urgent NHS

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Heard of the Naylor Review?
If you haven't it's not surprising because the corporate owned media are not telling you.
The government are about to give ten billion quid not to the NHS but to their friends in the city and on Wall st to help them hammer the final nails in the coffin of the NHS.
Your NHS that you paid and pay for.
No government has ever paid for it or given it anything beyond your money.
It's not theirs to sell or give away.
It's not Branson's right to now own huge chunks of my property.
THIS IS URGENT.
Please watch this two minute clip and then delve further.
Spread the word.
Phone the media.
Phone your MP.
Ring the bells.

mattw

Post reported, because:

1 - I do not think political scaremongering about Health Services is appropriate for a patient forum, especially under "Diabetes Discussion".
2 - The post does not even link to the Official Report it denounces, to allow us to make our own judgement.
3 - Instead we have an inflammatory campaigning video, and a few unjustified claims much of which is not accurate, and what seem to me to be some conspiracy theories, and (I'll be blunt) a couple of simple lies eg nothing is being given away to anyone under the Naylor Review.
4 - The poster is based in Wales, making claims about the NHS in England. AIUI the scope of the Naylor Review does not even extend to Wales.
5 - This meme has already been analysed and debunked by eg Fullfact, but I cannot post a link.

I may comment on the things raised, depending on what action is taken by the site moderators.

Rgds

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I usually prick my ears up at any hint of a conspiracy theory. Not this one though.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Post reported, because:

1 - I do not think political scaremongering about Health Services is appropriate for a patient forum, especially under "Diabetes Discussion".
2 - The post does not even link to the Official Report it denounces, to allow us to make our own judgement.
3 - Instead we have an inflammatory campaigning video, and a few unjustified claims much of which is not accurate, and what seem to me to be some conspiracy theories, and (I'll be blunt) a couple of simple lies eg nothing is being given away to anyone under the Naylor Review.
4 - The poster is based in Wales, making claims about the NHS in England. AIUI the scope of the Naylor Review does not even extend to Wales.
5 - This meme has already been analysed and debunked by eg Fullfact, but I cannot post a link.

I may comment on the things raised, depending on what action is taken by the site moderators.

Rgds
It shouldn't need linking you could type Naylor report into Google.

Edited for civility by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have done just that. I don't see a lot of resemblance to the 'facts' in your OP though. I agree with @mattw it is political scaremongering.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

This thread has already needed moderation.

Any hostility, rudeness, bickering or personal attacks will be deleted.

We are all entitled to an opinion, and we are all entitled to express that opinion within the forum rules.
So please make sure that you understand those rules (link in my signature) before posting.

People often get heated about politics but keep it civil or there will be further edits and deletions which may escalate to account sanctions (thread bans, warnings and account bans) if people are unable to control themselves.

Phub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hate the doctor's surgery. The Doctor is okay though.
If you haven't it's not surprising because the corporate owned media are not telling you.
The government are about to give ten billion quid not to the NHS but to their friends in the city and on Wall st to help them hammer the final nails in the coffin of the NHS.
THIS IS URGENT.
Spread the word.
Phone the media.
Phone your MP.
Ring the bells.

THIS IS URGENT.
Spread the word.
Phone the media.
Phone your MP.
Ring the bells.

But what can the public do? Nothing. No matter what they do or say, May will have her way!
And please stop using this non-word' incentivise. My spell check doesn't even recognise it, be it spelled with an S or a Z! Use either 'give incentive', or 'encourage'.

Reactions: mattw

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What's the panic @JTL ??

This has being going on for decades. Erosion of the nhs.

The voters want the nhs protected so unless she wants booting out in the middle of unfinished brexit and then reprisals from Conservative voters. She'll do what most politicians do. Distract the public with Russia's antics and slip it through the back door but those not interested in world politics will soon reminder her of 'home' comes first.
Any detriment to nhs is a huge voting influence. Huge.

Reactions: dbr10

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
What's the panic @JTL ??

This has being going on for decades. Erosion of the nhs.

The voters want the nhs protected so unless she wants booting out in the middle of unfinished brexit and then reprisals from Conservative voters. She'll do what most politicians do. Distract the public with Russia's antics and slip it through the back door but those not interested in world politics will soon reminder her of 'home' comes first.
Any detriment to nhs is a huge voting influence. Huge.
Do you realize how much of the NHS has already been given to Richard Branson?
He's just one of a growing crowd.
Google Branson and the NHS.

Reactions: dbr10

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Winning contracts isn't the same as 'giving the NHS' to Branson.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Distract the public with Russia's antics and slip it through the back door but those not interested in world politics will soon reminder her of 'home' comes first.
Everyone should be interested in world politics. This is an even more important issue than the NHS. With Putin, Trump and Boris squabbling we could be hurtling into WWIII, and home issues won't come first.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Winning contracts isn't the same as 'giving the NHS' to Branson.
Branson sue's the nhs when he doesn't win contracts.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Everyone should be interested in world politics. This is an even more important issue than the NHS. With Putin, Trump and Boris squabbling we could be hurtling into WWIII, and home issues won't come first.
I agree but many don't feel the same way. Their world begins at home issues.

Yes many a fool can cause war. Civil war will happen in the UK if politicians ignore their voters thou.
We could be in for a turbulant time. :(

Luckily I cannot see Teresa May threating war lightly. She seems methodical to me.
Unless they catch her on a bad day, then god help them. A very calm woman normally. Not as hot headed as Thatcher.
I trust our international safety in her hands. Amber Rudd was my old MP and nothing got done. She sat on the fence, alot. She did nothing for Rye. They still don't have a proper supermarket and a part-time transport system.
Mind you I saw armed police in sunderland city centre yesterday.
The police were to be seen and not heard in Rye. Hence why attacks were only part-time dealt with too. (Attack on Mr ickihun).

We must protect our shores but if no shores (society) then nothing to protect.
The nhs patches us up so we can protect our valued society.

I was once going to be a navy nurse. Margaret Thatcher killed nursing, for me. Come back from war to what? She was the reason I didn't commit.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
He might do a better job at it? His Virgin customer services are brilliant compared to Sky who now on O2 now. They have gone rubbish, damaged a great british brand (once bt cellnet).
At least his managers would be paid fairly and front line staff would be appreciated and rewarded with discounts and bonuses. Staff cannot even take a gift from patients. :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The nhs has more supporters than any politician.
I wonder if they get jealous?