What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good morning all, including everyone who can stay in bed until 7.
Me and madam BG knew it would end in tears!
After a 6 day run of being in the 4s, she declared at 5.5 this morning. I blame it on having to eat chocolate before going to sleep yesterday.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 for me have a great day all
FB_IMG_1522251680904.jpg

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was awake early today and did not test first thing as had too many distractions as needed to be on the road by 4am as driving to Carlisle for 10am meeting.

Just checked before having breakfast at 7am and Vampira has informed me it was 7.2

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning.

@dogslife -- Thanks for kind words. It seems the strain of flu bug going around this year here in Germany was particularly nasty. Some of my colleagues are reporting experiencing relapses too. Hope your back pain is bearable. Did they give you an idea how long you have to wait for a new appointment?

Hope you have a grand time in Spain, @Granny_grump_. You certainly deserve it.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was awake early today and did not test first thing as had too many distractions as needed to be on the road by 4am as driving to Carlisle for 10am meeting.

Just checked before having breakfast at 7am and Vampira has informed me it was 7.2

I like the idea that you have named your glucometer "Vampira." It certainly is a fitting name.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. I have scoured the house looking for positives but the best I can find is we don't have termites!
Edit: Perhaps a bit Eeyore like since my grandson has been with us since Sunday so a real positive there. My body is just not playing nice atm.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning.

@dogslife -- Thanks for kind words. It seems the strain of flu bug going around this year here in Germany was particularly nasty. Some of my colleagues are reporting experiencing relapses too. Hope your back pain is bearable. Did they give you an idea how long you have to wait for a new appointment?

Hope you have a grand time in Spain, @Granny_grump_. You certainly deserve it.
Good morning ziggy_w. My husband and I had a similar experience with a nasty strain of flu a few years ago so we sympathise. It took a long time to recover fully. I sincerely hope it is finally out of the way for you and that you stay well. I have to wait for the consultant to be back at work and for the hospital to reschedule my appointment so don't have any idea yet. Best wishes.:)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening humanbeings and fellow Neanderthals, well that's what I get called quite often.
A worrying low 6.1 for me this morning.
What's more worrying is I have to pick up my motorbike in the rain, it weighs 260kg and the doctors have said I should only pick up 10kg max.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning.
Back from a wonderful trip to Iceland where I had a few nasty bg shocks after eating what I thought would be fairly low carb dinners. I can take back control now with any luck.

@dogslife is it pain that’s giving you a higher number? Hope you get seen soon.

@flexi06 hope you enjoy the Xpert course, a friend of mine said she found it helpful. I did DESMOND and found it hopeless.
@karen8967 I think you were going on a Dafne course before I went away, hope it was useful.