What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
6.5 this morning.
Back from a wonderful trip to Iceland where I had a few nasty bg shocks after eating what I thought would be fairly low carb dinners. I can take back control now with any luck.

@dogslife is it pain that’s giving you a higher number? Hope you get seen soon.

@flexi06 hope you enjoy the Xpert course, a friend of mine said she found it helpful. I did DESMOND and found it hopeless.
@karen8967 I think you were going on a Dafne course before I went away, hope it was useful.
Good morning DJC3. Welcome back. Iceland sounds wonderful. Strangely I had a pretty restful day yesterday with less pain than usual but do feel a bit under the weather so who knows? 6.5 is still in range. I would be delighted with that. Best wishes.:)

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning ziggy_w. My husband and I had a similar experience with a nasty strain of flu a few years ago so we sympathise. It took a long time to recover fully. I sincerely hope it is finally out of the way for you and that you stay well. I have to wait for the consultant to be back at work and for the hospital to reschedule my appointment so don't have any idea yet. Best wishes.:)
@ziggy_w Thanks we will enjoy ourselves especially now the last few months are now sorted it's been a truly memorable time,
So glad to here your now well yourself,I agree this flu strain this last year has been a long and arduous journey for many in all countries it has hit. Great BG readings by the way take care! K

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
6.5 this morning.
Back from a wonderful trip to Iceland where I had a few nasty bg shocks after eating what I thought would be fairly low carb dinners. I can take back control now with any luck.

@flexi06 hope you enjoy the Xpert course, a friend of mine said she found it helpful. I did DESMOND and found it hopeless.
@karen8967 I think you were going on a Dafne course before I went away, hope it was useful.
You'll be dancing soon.

Reactions: ziggy_w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
"
First prick 5.8 - no likey!
2nd prick 5.4 on other thumb I'm sticking with!"

'By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes.'
I was told not to use my thumbs, no idea why not and also no to use the finger next to it.

Reactions: flexi06 and Ymdawd

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 this morning.

Hi djc3 yes i started it last week its a one2one course half an hour with dietician then same with nurse .got sheets to fill in bgs and food diary most of what they were saying last week i already knew but learnt a few snippets also a change of bolus insulin so looking forward to this weeks to learn more x bet ye sorry you mentioned it now glad you enjoyed your trip to iceland x and you will soon get levels bk to normal (whatever normal is )

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dogslife there’s no knowing sometimes with bg is there? Hope you can stay rested and comfortable.

@flexi06 Icelandic food was unexpectedly lovely. Breakfast was easy: standard hotel fare, swerving widely past the yummy looking bread and pastries.
They have a traditional meat soup which is lamb based, thin salty broth with small bits of veg and lamb in it. Really tasty but gave surprising bg spike >2
Lots of lovely fresh fish and lamb, a bit pricey but well worth it I think. Do go if you get the opportunity it’s breathtaking.

@SueJB hope to be dancing again soon - I took Jason Fung’s Diabetes Code for holiday reading so I’m feeling inspired and motivated. Amazingly the couple next to me on the plane were big fans of his too, although not diabetic they follow lchf for other health reasons so we had a really interesting chat for the duration of the flight ( to the amusement of my family who get fed up with my evangelising)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi djc3 yes i started it last week its a one2one course half an hour with dietician then same with nurse .got sheets to fill in bgs and food diary most of what they were saying last week i already knew but learnt a few snippets also a change of bolus insulin so looking forward to this weeks to learn more x bet ye sorry you mentioned it now glad you enjoyed your trip to iceland x and you will soon get levels bk to normal (whatever normal is )

I’m really glad, it sounds like a worthwhile thing to do. I hadn’t realised it was 1:1, that’s great. Good luck for this week.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@dogslife there’s no knowing sometimes with bg is there? Hope you can stay rested and comfortable.

@flexi06 Icelandic food was unexpectedly lovely. Breakfast was easy: standard hotel fare, swerving widely past the yummy looking bread and pastries.
They have a traditional meat soup which is lamb based, thin salty broth with small bits of veg and lamb in it. Really tasty but gave surprising bg spike >2
Lots of lovely fresh fish and lamb, a bit pricey but well worth it I think. Do go if you get the opportunity it’s breathtaking.

@SueJB hope to be dancing again soon - I took Jason Fung’s Diabetes Code for holiday reading so I’m feeling inspired and motivated. Amazingly the couple next to me on the plane were big fans of his too, although not diabetic they follow lchf for other health reasons so we had a really interesting chat for the duration of the flight ( to the amusement of my family who get fed up with my evangelising)
Thank you.:)