Support Groups/Help

Lottiej1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I dont really know what im doing here so this may have already been asked.

I have been living with type 1 diabetes for 3 years now i havent really been keeping it under control and thought it was about time i did.

I have had a hard time coping and dealing with the diabetes. So i was just wondering if anyone knew any local support groups or groups in general in and around LONDON/ESSEX area?

Thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Lottiej1991 Also have a search on Facebook to see if there are any local t1 groups, and also JDRF.org.uk as they organise activities all over the country you can join in :)

Lottiej1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Lottiej1991 Also have a search on Facebook to see if there are any local t1 groups, and also JDRF.org.uk as they organise activities all over the country you can join in :)

Thank you so much! Just been on the JDRF Website. I didnt even know about it so this is a great start! :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
No worries, there is a t1d London meet up group on Facebook and they get together regularly, if I was nearer London I'd definitely join them as it looks a great group to be involved in, I believe @Type1Bri is part of the group :)

Lottiej1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No worries, there is a t1d London meet up group on Facebook and they get together regularly, if I was nearer London I'd definitely join them as it looks a great group to be involved in, I believe @Type1Bri is part of the group :)

I have just had a look and think i may have found that group. Thank you so much really appreciate it