What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A veritable protein fest yesterday = 5.4 this morning. Was sooo hungry yesterday, probably caused by over enthusiastic exercise on Tuesday. Went to first ever Pilates class last night which resulted in late evening food and @ianpspurs it wasn’t so much a case of Duracell Bunny as the non-Duracell ones wobbling all over the place and toppling over! Must find a beginners group.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning gang! 6.8. Good good. @DJC3. Fascinating about the broth- wonder what was in it to cause that rise? Well all I had my first XPERT course yesterday and it was riveting- and the lady running it, Nicole, was nice(much easier to engage if you like them) she was a low carb proponent (which made me very happy, after the nhs trying to encourage me to eat more carbs) I learnt a lot about the biological side of diabetes. A poor lady (apparently similar in age to me) has had a heart attack and was told jacket potatoes and weetabix were healthy foods for her- her announcement that she has (the largest she can find) one nearly every day made me gasp. What is the NHS Doing??????
I will definitely be attending the rest of the course. NO BISCUITS WERE OFFERED lol but we did not have tea either as the area was being used. I would recommend going on an XPERT course. You all seem very knowledgeable on here but you never know what you might pick up.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all, 7.5 this morning, must go, things to do, places to go and people see.
Be nice to a to a total stranger and bring a smile to their face now that's a challenge for the day.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.8 at 06.32 (still tinkering - 2 meals 16 / 6 IF. Was at 5.2 a few hours after meal. 20 minutes static bike circa 75 rpm, then 30 seconds all out (HiiT) 4 times with minute rests. 2 small sets of heavy weights for less than 3 mins.)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning gang! 6.8. Good good. @DJC3. Fascinating about the broth- wonder what was in it to cause that rise? Well all I had my first XPERT course yesterday and it was riveting- and the lady running it, Nicole, was nice(much easier to engage if you like them) she was a low carb proponent (which made me very happy, after the nhs trying to encourage me to eat more carbs) I learnt a lot about the biological side of diabetes. A poor lady (apparently similar in age to me) has had a heart attack and was told jacket potatoes and weetabix were healthy foods for her- her announcement that she has (the largest she can find) one nearly every day made me gasp. What is the NHS Doing??????
I will definitely be attending the rest of the course. NO BISCUITS WERE OFFERED lol but we did not have tea either as the area was being used. I would recommend going on an XPERT course. You all seem very knowledgeable on here but you never know what you might pick up.
Hi flexio6 im on week 2 of carb counting course today learnt a few snippets last week and im looking forward to todays .no biscuits were offered either x

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning lovelies,
I'm hoping the pall of grey is going to dissipate today, I'm fed up with it and madam. I need some sunshine.
Yesterday I fed her some Tibetan momos and some insulin and walked and what did I get?
5.9 and
my fingers are running out of blood. What do I do?

TwoRivers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Obesity.
4.8 mmol this morning. No medication. Normally around 5.2 or so but last week touched 6.2 mmol once. Not sure how to respond to this reading after my doctor suggested that my blood sugar level was a bit too low. But presumably eyes and kidneys like the lower figure.