How many grams of carbs?

bruciebonus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've tried low carb, but found it difficult to stick to especially when my family are carb addicts, so now I eat whatever I want but reduce the quantities, in other words count the calories, if eat less calories than you use you will loose weight and glucose with get lower,

Reactions: cmor16

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed 11 months ago and I started by keeping under 100g per day, the weight fell off easily and my blood sugars dropped steadily. After 6 weeks my blood sugars plateaued so I reduced to between 50 - 70g per day. The weight continued to come off and blood sugars dropped. I have naturally dropped a little further over the last 3 months and now rarely go over 60g per day. My HbA1cs have been non diabetic since Sept and my weight continues to fall but at a much slower rate.
I preferred gradually reducing carbs as I wanted to avoid carb flu, not real flu but a similar feeling as your body objects to a big drop in carbs.
Hi Rachel
Do you take any vitamin supplements? I've been on LC since December. Feel great though.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Rachel
Do you take any vitamin supplements? I've been on LC since December. Feel great though.

I’ve taken vitamin c and zinc plus calcium and vitamin d for years anyway, the only one I’ve added since being diabetic is vitamin b complex.