HbA1c

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning all my friends I have just received my HbA1c first 6 month review,a little disappointing but maybe I am being a little to hard on myself do you think this is satisfactory,thank you,it is 43 :)

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What was it to begin with? 43 is not bad at all. Give yourself a pay on the back, your next will be even better.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I think it's a lovely normal number, well done.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just look at how far you have come since diagnosis. Your HbA1c was really high at 114 according to your signature. I would consider you are stable, and you should be proud of yourself. :)

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I would be thrilled to bits with a 43.
Well done you and whatever you are doing keep doing it............

Good luck

Tony

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah! I can't see signatures on my phone. That is a phenomenal result. I would be dancing!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Once again thank you my friends,if I could get rid off this GAD that would be the icing on the cake,enjoy your days every on:)

BG Result.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: xfieldok

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @wiseowl_123
I think what you don't like is the slight rise which I think brings it just into the pre-diabetic range. You have done amazingly well over the last 18 months. Probably just a gentle warning that you still need to take care.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @Hiitsme my friend ,yes that's it ,when I look at a couple of my past results I had a reading of 39 amd 40,thank you for your kind and friendly reply:)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Your results raise the question of error range for HbA1c results. That 42 could be natural variation given your previous results of 39 and 40. Given your initial reading you are doing really well!

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wiseowl_123 I am with you, I had the same kind of result first time and remember thinking 'so close and yet so far' Why couldn't it have been 41 or 40? But it wasn't. You are in a far better place than you were before, and you have proven that you are able to control your blood sugars.

Before you beat yourself up next time round just remember the law of diminishing returns applies

WELL DONE!

Reactions: eggs11

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon @Dr Snoddy and @walnut_face @JoKalsbeek my friends many thanks for kind and friendly replies,very much appreciated :)

ps.thank you everyone for all your kind friendly and positive replies,they really are very much appreciated:)

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wiseowl_123 - My advice to you would be to have a bit of a ponder over things and start to look towards the much longer term.

When I had had a couple of normal HbA1cs I realised that no matter how hard I might try, my HbA1cs were never going to go downwards every time they were taken. We have lives to live, and things happen in our lives that we can't always control, like illness, stress and so on.

The conclusion I came to, for me, was that I would set myself an HbA1c range I find acceptable for me. I won't say what that range is because it's only relevant to me. Using that strategy, for me, reduces the emotional rollercoaster.

It's a long life to live if we're going to be stressed every time we have some bloods done. If I have looked after myself fairly well, live a full life and done the things I've wanted to do, I will accept my HbA1c will vary a bit. Should I find myself at the top of my range, or if I breach it, I might have to swap a few things around, but I'm not going to put myself through the mental self-flagellation for a minor variation.

Reactions: eggs11

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's a long life to live if we're going to be stressed every time we have some bloods done.

Good afternoon @DCUKMod and thank you for your reply,I don't remember saying I get stressed every time I have my bloods done,I never do:)

I never stress over my blood tests,I was just asking a question of more experienced members than myself,of which all kindly replied in a kind and friendly way.

And for self -flagellation its a thing I never suffer from, the question I asked , was to gain valuable information from more experienced lovely people than myself,so that I can in the future experiment with my diet,hopefully to my advantage,enjoy the rest of your day my friend:)

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
It's a great result, Wiseowl_123! Well done!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon @Tabbyjoolz and a big thank you for your lovely reply,always appreciated:)