Make someone smile

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you want a relaxing hobby then try rock painting a good stress reliever. This is sweeping the country now and there are many local area groups on Facebook as well as a national one called " Love on the Rocks UK". look on this group to see the amazing work that some people do.. so much talent but you do not need to be an artist to do it.
You paint or colour stones and small rocks anyway you like as anything goes then put them somewhere that people can find them.
The rock can be kept by the finder or they can relocate it again for someone else to find. Put a photo of ones you make and hide on the group..local or national.. or to say one has been found and where... some have travelled a long way from where they started some have even gone abroad when people have taken them and hidden them holiday

Hundreds of adults and kids are doing this and people get really excited if they find one. It is just a happy thing and makes people smile and sometimes can make their day better. This must be one of the cheapest hobbies as all you need is some rocks some paints or pens like Sharpies to colour them.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This explains alot!

I've spotted at least half a dozen floraly or abstract painted pebbles on dog walks around my village recently.. (i thought it was an easter thing?)
A couple of these rocks have been placed in grass verges or by posts, including one left in front of an old "blind house."
My dog has taken to "tagging" this street art.

I would suggest giving these things a good clean if you plan on keeping it?!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I made my sister smile with a surprise visit today, no pebbles involved

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would be careful if you remove stones and pebbles from beaches - we got told off a few years back by the beach supervisor as apparently it can help speed along erosion

Sorry to be the party pooper

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would be careful if you remove stones and pebbles from beaches - we got told off a few years back by the beach supervisor as apparently it can help speed along erosion

Sorry to be the party pooper
Most people doing it are buying their rocks from Garden centres and DIY stores