What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good morning all

Today's Vampira reading (drum roll please.........) is 5.4.

Plus the Freestyle Libra showed between 1am and 3am I hovered around 4

Hoping for a similar day to yesterday and same over next few days as have dreaded 3 month blood test Wednesday, and while I know it probably will show higher, the lower figures show progress
I'm still thinking about self funding one of those

Reactions: ianpspurs

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Granny_grump_ Thankyou,it's been an awful time as our GP surgery senior doctor filtering the calls refused to do a home visit,we are not 'doctor botherers' and their records must show that.I was grudgingly given an emergency appointment for 11am.No way could he have got there.I then rang near appointment time and said he was too ill to travel and needed a doctor immediately or I would call an ambulance.Another doctor came out,was absolutely brilliant and spoke to a consultant and called an ambulance.He was put on a heavy duty antibiotic drip and looked so much better last night.A leg fracture pales into insignificance!....The surgeon told us she was coming in specially to operate this morning,and he is in theatre now.......

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Granny_grump_ Thankyou,it's been an awful time as our GP surgery senior doctor filtering the calls refused to do a home visit,we are not 'doctor botherers' and their records must show that.I was grudgingly given an emergency appointment for 11am.No way could he have got there.I then rang near appointment time and said he was too ill to travel and needed a doctor immediately or I would call an ambulance.Another doctor came out,was absolutely brilliant and spoke to a consultant and called an ambulance.He was put on a heavy duty antibiotic drip and looked so much better last night.A leg fracture pales into insignificance!....The surgeon told us she was coming in specially to operate this morning,and he is in theatre now.......
hope all goes well glenmac xx

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hope all goes well Glenmac, speedy recover to patient.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Granny_grump_ Thankyou,it's been an awful time as our GP surgery senior doctor filtering the calls refused to do a home visit,we are not 'doctor botherers' and their records must show that.I was grudgingly given an emergency appointment for 11am.No way could he have got there.I then rang near appointment time and said he was too ill to travel and needed a doctor immediately or I would call an ambulance.Another doctor came

out,was absolutely brilliant and spoke to a consultant and called an ambulance.He was put on a heavy duty antibiotic drip and looked so much better last night.A leg fracture pales into insignificance!....The surgeon told us she was coming in specially to operate this morning,and he is in theatre now.......
@Glenmac What a truly awful experience you've all been through and by now your husband will have had his operation and you will be by his side at the hospital. Please keep in touch and my thoughts are with you and my best wishes to you all,wishing your husband a speedy recovery and hope you can finally draw a line under all this! Love Kathleen X

Gates

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Have to give this one more thought.
welcome here , people in here are really helpful and informative if one asks questions , hope you´ll enjoy being a part of this forum..
Thank you Freema, I must admit like one or two others I feel as though I tried to ignore what was happening thinking it will go away. I have learned a great deal at the same time learning more questions to ask.. Again thank you for your kind welcome, warm regards

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Hope all went well for your husband @Glenmac

Very pleased with my 4.2 this morning. A big day as I’m making my comeback at walking football after a 9 month period of getting over shin splints and other associated over use injuries. The Arsenal hub won’t know what’s hit it!