What are you doing now and humorous banter.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
"The sun is out......The sky is blue........The thermometer says its 22"........ it doesn't really it says 18deg but better than nothing.....:joyful:.......:woot:

Reactions: Molly56

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Interesting evening watching the reboot series of Lost in space last night.

The standard fluffy 1960s family Robinson unit is replaced with divorced parents both making tough choices based on their individual skill set to keep the kids alive in a hostile alien environment, after crash landing during an escape from the mother colony ship during what looks like an agressive alien attack boarding the vessel.

The devious Doctor Smith is no longer a pantomime "King Rat" villain. It's actually a woman with a criminal past & an MO for identity theft.. (Technically not a doctor. Lol.)

The "robot" is now a biomechanical being of undetermined origin stranded on the planet who befriends the boy (will) after he gets separated from his family. Classic stuff. But with the twist that the biomechanical robot may have been involved with tha alien race that mounted the attack on the human colony ship?
You do get the catchphrase, "danger danger." But it don't boom like Brian Blessed through a processor..

All in all..? Not bad so far.

I was wondering about watching the new version, having been a fan of old series, now I have no need to watch the new series because I know I will not like it. Back to re-runs of startrek, open all ours, the test kard and listening to Planet Rock on the radio. Plus my other favourite past time avoiding Mrs J.

Reactions: eddie1968

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
"The sun is out......The sky is blue........The thermometer says its 22"........ it doesn't really it says 18deg but better than nothing.....:joyful:.......:woot:
My outdoor thermometer currently says 21.1 degrees so getting there....:)

Reactions: eddie1968

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it’s been a fruitful day. Farmers market. Got some plantain, a couple of dressed rabbits, some fancy fungi and a portion of goat curry.
Down to the beach for fish, chips and mushy peas.
Up through the woods to pick wild garlic and then train back home.

IMG_0051.jpg

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Deciding how to deal with a rat that I discovered in my compost bin :eek::nailbiting:...fortunately for now it ran in opposite direction to me...:wideyed:...but looks like it will be back...

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Ty for that. Hi in return and hope everything is OK.

Have both cumberland and eddie gone too? (I cant tag cumberland so assume he has gone too)

What on earth happened whilst I was ill? Please dont answer that I understand people's privacy
No @wolfie11969 I’m still here. Been recovering from an illness and limiting my “screen time”. :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well it’s been a fruitful day. Farmers market. Got some plantain, a couple of dressed rabbits, some fancy fungi and a portion of goat curry.
Down to the beach for fish, chips and mushy peas.
Up through the woods to pick wild garlic and then train back home.

View attachment 26122

Wot no road kill this time ? Hehehe

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me and tommy got 1st and 2nd in the national .i was 2nd but whats his is mine and all that

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was wondering about watching the new version, having been a fan of old series, now I have no need to watch the new series because I know I will not like it. Back to re-runs of startrek, open all ours, the test kard and listening to Planet Rock on the radio. Plus my other favourite past time avoiding Mrs J.

I quite like a fresh take on an old classic myself.. There was a movie back in the late 1990s, which did have an interesting plot.
I feel this new series almost touches on the movie version.
The focus on the young boy befriending a robot & the dark manipulation of doctor Smith in LiS always seemed to have a Dickensian "great expectations" feel about it. So having Dr Smith as a woman (Miss Havisham.?) seems like a good choice for the new series..

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I quite like a fresh take on an old classic myself.. There was a movie back in the late 1990s, which did have an interesting plot.
I feel this new series almost touches on the movie version.
The focus on the young boy befriending a robot & the dark manipulation of doctor Smith in LiS always seemed to have a Dickensian "great expectations" feel about it. So having Dr Smith as a woman (Miss Havisham.?) seems like a good choice for the new series..

So having done a spoiler on this are you back pedalling. I never saw the 90's movie. I am now totally confused. I don't like many films or television. So once again I shall thank you and give this a miss. Now we're did I leave Tom and Jerry on your trumpet or whatever it's called. Got sum quantum physics to read if I want any far fetched fiction . Hehehehe

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Help I'm being held captive up n the dark and dangerous norf, the language is strange, the food strange, but goats curry is reet taking the .....I got through the passport control at the Watford Gap passport control on the second attempt. Tea break say no more.

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Deciding how to deal with a rat that I discovered in my compost bin :eek::nailbiting:...fortunately for now it ran in opposite direction to me...:wideyed:...but looks like it will be back...
Water the contents. They don't like the damp and also turn the material inside

Reactions: Clivethedrive

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Waiting for my Madam BG to rise!!
I was going to bed and did a quick check =3.7,
a biscuit = 4.2
Finally, 6.4, yep, probably over done it but im tired and need to sleep.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Water the contents. They don't like the damp and also turn the material inside
Keep it watered, it helps to make the compost, add some Garrotta which speeds up the process