What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great food day....not hungry so ate nothing til lunch at 1.
L. 2 sukrin bread mix bread rolls slathered with butter marmite and cheese....I have a big mouth but it was still a stretch to get these in!
D. Not massively hungry but enjoyed crisy garlic chicken thigh with a little asparagus cokked in bacon fat

The Sukrin mix was really easy to make and tastes surprisingly good, managed to make 14 rolls and have frozen the rest....not as cheap as the old Lidl ones but nice as a carrier for cheese, pate etc. Expensive but will consider buying again when the bread craving hits...1g carb per roll too!

Reactions: DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Two Adonis bars (really need to cut back on these, too expensive). Half a DD keto roll with goat cream cheese and smoked salmon. A cornsalad with Caesar's dressing and parmesan.

Dinner: About 100g of lamb with the last of the roasted vegetables (bellpepper, eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini, olive oil), lupini hummus. Two low-carb coffee caramel flans with orange peel oil and a tiny bit of erythritol-candid kumquats.

Reactions: DJC3

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
s
Evening everyone.

I’m really enjoying seeing what everyone has been eating....does that make me noisey?!

Heck I hope not.....as I litterally devour these posts....that would make me extra nosey as well as greedy!

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Great food day....not hungry so ate nothing til lunch at 1.
L. 2 sukrin bread mix bread rolls slathered with butter marmite and cheese....I have a big mouth but it was still a stretch to get these in!
D. Not massively hungry but enjoyed crisy garlic chicken thigh with a little asparagus cokked in bacon fat

The Sukrin mix was really easy to make and tastes surprisingly good, managed to make 14 rolls and have frozen the rest....not as cheap as the old Lidl ones but nice as a carrier for cheese, pate etc. Expensive but will consider buying again when the bread craving hits...1g carb per roll too!
Just checked out this bread mix on Amazon is that the cheapest? Didyou have the hemp ones or the pumpkin ones?

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checked out this bread mix on Amazon is that the cheapest? Didyou have the hemp ones or the pumpkin ones?
Hi Shelley....I had the pumpkin and yes, from Amazon, they also sell direct....loads of low carb stuff but wanted to try one first and have Amazon prime so it was free delivery......the only change I made was to add 1/2 tsp of baking powder and a little more water and left it to thicken a little longer.....baking time was also a bit longer than they suggested but I do have a dodgy oven door so it might just be that!
Filling, tasty and a nice texture....even a carb eater approved!

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Shelley....I had the pumpkin and yes, from Amazon, they also sell direct....loads of low carb stuff but wanted to try one first and have Amazon prime so it was free delivery......the only change I made was to add 1/2 tsp of baking powder and a little more water and left it to thicken a little longer.....baking time was also a bit longer than they suggested but I do have a dodgy oven door so it might just be that!
Filling, tasty and a nice texture....even a carb eater approved!
Sounds worth a try I’d heard hemp was good for diabetics so wondered about this one but it’s a few more carbs than the pumpkin one thank you for the idea for once I’ve finished my hallow bread rolls that I need to eat still from my freezer!

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds worth a try I’d heard hemp was good for diabetics so wondered about this one but it’s a few more carbs than the pumpkin one thank you for the idea for once I’ve finished my hallow bread rolls that I need to eat still from my freezer!

Just seen that Dolphin Fitness also sell lots of Sukrin products and are cheaper than either Amazon or the Sukrin website! I have ordered my Pukka three mint teas from them and their service is good, free delivery over £20 I think too

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late eating tonight so will have to update later, however today has been good food wise but not so good work wise, busy, didn’t finish my last task and a bit stressful :(
Breakfast was good, my partner cooked me an omelette
Lunch was rocket, spinach and watercress salad, a couple of baby plum tomatoes, yellow pepper, 2 sausages and mayonnaise it was lovely
Dinner I have eaten pork chops and buttered black kale

BG 5.6 will post the 2 hr reading later

Update 2 hr BG 5.8

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner tonight was a GBK burger with blue cheese, pulled pork and a salad of white cabbage, red onion and raw broccoli with a little mayo.

I also had some strawberries with a sugar free jelly pot and it was delicious!

BG before dinner; 8.9
BG 2hr after dinner; 9.3

Today’s readings have all been pretty stable, between 8-9mmol with no real concerning spikes.

Can’t wait to see the numbers drop
Though.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
B- coffee w/cream, 1/2 LC roll w/mashed 1/2 avocado topped with fried egg
L- leftover LC pizza
Pre-dinner glass of red wine
D- chicken burger (on LC roll), small portion homemade potato salad (1/2 egg 1/2 potato)
(Carbs at 29)

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A hungry day:
B. Cheese topped with butter and marmite
L. Prawn cocktail
D. will be parmesan and pork scratching crusted chicken with garlic butter white asparagus.

Really exited as found Oppo ice cream in stock.....I know @Rachox eats it and I jumped at the salted caramel flavour! Looking forward to trying it!
Have a great sunny weekend all

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really exited as found Oppo ice cream in stock.....I know @Rachox eats it and I jumped at the salted caramel flavour! Looking forward to trying it!

I hope you like it! The only one I haven’t tried is the Mint Chocolate one as my Sainsburys doesn’t stock that one, I’ll have to have a look in H&B next time I’m near a branch.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good numbers today, woke up and did a reading, just out of interest, I don’t generally text my out of bed levels, 6.1

Had a coffee and out as we had an appointment in town. Had a frankie and bennys breakfast, omelette with cheese and bacon with a side order of mushrooms with a small cappuccino

Starbucks to celebrate finding my new car

Home and had water and a small bag of pork scratchings reading 4.9

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Decorated hall today it’s not huge but a bit fiddly lots of stuff to shift out, decide what to keep and put back. Lots for charity shops! Next decorating is our bedroom but will be end of week or next weekend. Lots to sort before hand.
Breakfast one slice of bacon, egg and a couple of mushrooms fried in butter
Lunch two of my hollow dd rolls with advocado, prawn and lemon mayonnaise followed by coffee with two squares of Lindt 90% choc
Dinner chicken curry served with livlife low carb bread one slice fried in coconut oil followed by lemon and lime mousse
Planning putting feet up this evening with a vodka and soda water with a slice of lime....

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A hungry day:
B. Cheese topped with butter and marmite
L. Prawn cocktail
D. will be parmesan and pork scratching crusted chicken with garlic butter white asparagus.

I’ve only had vanilla to date which I serve with grated choc delicious but registered on oppo site on I think @Rachox s suggestion and have a couple of coupons sent to me with a couple of quid off so planning to get some in next time in Sainsbury’s - stocking up ice cream may be good idea if weather carries on improving!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a lovely big breakfast:
Avocado, 2 poached eggs, fried halloumi fried tomato and a bit of spinach with olive oil and ACV dressing

Lunch: not hungry but mid afternoon had a handful of walnuts and a cup of chicken bone broth I’d made a couple of days ago - surprisingly tasty and satisfying.

Opened a bottle of fizz with Mr C while watching Grand National, had smoked salmon and prawns to nibble on. No. 2 daughter’s horse won but as she hadn’t paid dad to put the bet on I’m expecting arguments about who claims the winnings.

We then had steak and salad and he has opened a bottle of very nice malbec which I am trying not to guzzle. Its been a while since I had much of a drink, thoroughly enjoying it. Must be the sunshine.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Plain yoghurt with a very small piece of banana and a sprinkling of Aldi paleo muesli. Slice of HiLo toast with seeded peanut butter.
L. Vegan platter in cafe. Olives, humous, pickled mushrooms, pepperdew peppers, avocado, slice of sourdough toast.
Snack. M and S roasted soy beans
D. Gazpacho then haddock fillet, roasted whole cauliflower and the first purple sprouting broccoli from the garden. After all the talk of Oppo ice cream I may have some later.