What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Decorated hall today it’s not huge but a bit fiddly lots of stuff to shift out, decide what to keep and put back. Lots for charity shops! Next decorating is our bedroom but will be end of week or next weekend. Lots to sort before hand.
Breakfast one slice of bacon, egg and a couple of mushrooms fried in butter
Lunch two of my hollow dd rolls with advocado, prawn and lemon mayonnaise followed by coffee with two squares of Lindt 90% choc
Dinner chicken curry served with livlife low carb bread one slice fried in coconut oil followed by lemon and lime mousse
Planning putting feet up this evening with a vodka and soda water with a slice of lime....
Sounds like you had a very productive day and some really nice food, well done, enjoy putting your feet up :happy:

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The sun was out today so hubby and I got out in the garden. We’re still learning to be green fingered, but after spending the entire day mowing the lawns, trimming the hedges and putting together log stores, I am well and truely shattered now!

I think my BG responds well to some exercise as today has been the best yet!

Breakfast was a coffee with cream and a little coconut oil, sausage, bacon, egg and mushrooms.

Before breakfast; 11.0 (blimin dp!)
After breakfast; 7.7

We had leftovers for lunch. Pulled pork, homemade slaw, lettuce and 2 piccolo tomatoes. I also had 4 raspberries and a strawberry.

Before lunch; 7.4
After lunch 6.7

I’ve snacked on some babybel, fridge raiders and a few blueberries and raspberries and have drunk 2 pints of Robinson’s sugar free squash. None of these seem to have affected my numbers which makes me so happy as I’m really missing fruit and squash is my absolute weakness!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

23/1 fasting day today.

Dinner was Waitrose lamb kleftico followed by a small tub of Oppo salted caramel ice cream with cream.

Had a long walk in the sunshine today - needed to go to John Lewis but didn’t want to be stuck inside, so walked the 6 miles to get there. The last couple of miles is along some canals, really enjoyed that bit.

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you like it! The only one I haven’t tried is the Mint Chocolate one as my Sainsburys doesn’t stock that one, I’ll have to have a look in H&B next time I’m near a branch.

Ohhh the mint one is so delicious. I had it before I found out about the diabeetles and had no idea it was so low in sugar as it tasted great!

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all.

23/1 fasting day today.

Dinner was Waitrose lamb kleftico followed by a small tub of Oppo salted caramel ice cream with cream.

Had a long walk in the sunshine today - needed to go to John Lewis but didn’t want to be stuck inside, so walked the 6 miles to get there. The last couple of miles is along some canals, really enjoyed that bit.

Sounds like a lovely day!

Where do you buy the small oppo pots from?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a lovely day!

Where do you buy the small oppo pots from?

I get them from Ocado, but only when they are on offer. Helps with portion control, but unfortunately the chocolate and hazelnut flavour (my favourite) either doesn’t come in a small tub, or Ocado doesn’t stock it.

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get them from Ocado, but only when they are on offer. Helps with portion control, but unfortunately the chocolate and hazelnut flavour (my favourite) either doesn’t come in a small tub, or Ocado doesn’t stock it.

Ah great thank you. How many carbs are in those small pots?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
42C8D544-FE45-421C-8AFB-3859C8BC03DD.jpeg
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Skinny Caffe pancake with bacon and SF maple syrup (sorry everyone who found it o/s :oops:) followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Dinner out at local Hungry Horse: chicken skewers on stir fry veg, side salad, 2 bites of corn on the cob (gave the rest to hubby), followed by 3 squares of G&B ginger chocolate when I got home.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 26128
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Skinny Caffe pancake with bacon and SF maple syrup (sorry everyone who found it o/s :oops:) followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Dinner out at local Hungry Horse: chicken skewers on stir fry veg, side salad, 2 bites of corn on the cob (gave the rest to hubby), followed by 3 squares of G&B ginger chocolate when I got home.
All sounds lovely

Reactions: Stronggirlsclub

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: One double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol (had run out of cream, so had to forgo the second espresso.) One homemade low-carb coffee caramel flan.

Lunch: About 200g of tuna sashimi with an Asian-inspired low-carb sauce. Another flan.

Dinner: (Out at our favorite tapas place.) One and a half glasses of dry red wine, a third of a glass of my hubby's pilsener, some manchego cheese and some fried sardines. Late at night before bed, half a wiener sausage.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
B- coffee w/cream x2, scrambled eggs & sausage, grape tomatoes
L- pepperoni x2
D- prime rib roast (done on BBQ), asparagus w/butter, glass of red wine

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday - Saturday bed 7.6 FBG 8.5. A bit more settled today though.
Saturday
B. 2 of these Costco sausages, fried egg and a bit back bacon.
Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Cold cuts - slice each roast pork, chicken, Turkey and ox tongue. Bit lettuce, 4 Santini tomatoes and 1/2 avocado.
Still on water and paracetamol though. I'm heading out to the shops to see if something will tempt my taste buds (or rather the lack off!). Doesn't help that hubby doesn't feel like eating either.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is a caramel flan?

A flan is a dessert that is common in Spanish-speaking countries. It is similar to creme brulee or panna cotta.

The ingredients are 2 cups whipping cream, 100g of clotted cream, 7 tbsp of erythritol, 2eggs, 3 egg yolkes, and a vanilla bean (and three decaffeinated espressos, though this optional). So, I figure most of these ingredients hardly have any carbs at all, my guess would be about 1.5g per 100g. Especially characteristic for flan is the burned sugar at the bottom of the ramekin. For this I use two tablespoons of real sugar (erythritol doesn't burn) and heat in a teflon-coated pan or pot and once the sugar turns a dark brown, add 5 tablespoons of water. So, divided into 8 ramekins this is another 3.5 g per serving. So, altogether my estimate would be 5g of carbs per flan.

For those, who are interested, here is the recipe:

Mix whipping cream, clotted cream, erythritol, and vanilla. Heat until erythritol is dissolved and let cool.

Blend eggs until you get a uniform consistency and combine with cooled cream mixture.

Fill burned sugar-water mixture in into bottom of ramekins until they just cover the bottom, add cream-egg mixture.

Set ramekins into a baking or casserole dish and add water until it reaches the middle of the side of the ramekins.

Put the baking or casserole dish into the ofen and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. The flan is done when you feel some resistance touching the middle (alternatively use a toothpick, stick into the middle of the flan. It should come out clean).

Edited to add: Just did some research and it seems that caramel has fewer carbs than regular sugar and the darker it is, the fewer carbs it contains. So, maybe a serving of flan, given that the caramel is really dark brown and has been diluted with water, might be closer to 3g or 4g of carbs.

upload_2018-4-15_15-2-33.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you like it! The only one I haven’t tried is the Mint Chocolate one as my Sainsburys doesn’t stock that one, I’ll have to have a look in H&B next time I’m near a branch.

Oh it is good! This will be a keeper as just one scoop felt reall decadant and rich to my changing taste buds.....what is great too is that it can sit in the freezer for one of those 'moments'.......it was part of luch today and really enjoyed it.

Reactions: DJC3

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A flan is a dessert that is common in Spanish-speaking countries. It is similar to creme brulee or panna cotta.

The ingredients are 2 cups whipping cream, 100g of clotted cream, 7 tbsp of erythritol, 2eggs, 3 egg yolkes, and a vanilla bean (and three decaffeinated espressos, though this optional). So, I figure most of these ingredients hardly have any carbs at all, my guess would be about 1.5g per 100g. Especially characteristic for flan is the burned sugar at the bottom of the ramekin. For this I use two tablespoons of real sugar (erythritol doesn't burn) and heat in a teflon-coated pan or pot and once the sugar turns a dark brown, add 5 tablespoons of water. So, divided into 8 ramekins this is another 3.5 g per serving. So, altogether my estimate would be 5g of carbs per flan.

Mix whipping cream, clotted cream, erythritol, and vanilla. Heat until erythritol is dissolved and let cool.

Blend eggs until you get a uniform consistency and combine with cooled cream mixture.

Fill burned sugar-water mixture in into bottom of ramekins until they just cover the bottom, add cream-egg mixture.

Set ramekins into a baking or casserole dish and add water until it reaches the middle of the side of the ramekins.

Put the baking or casserole dish into the ofen and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. The flan is done when you feel some resistance touching the middle (alternatively use a toothpick, stick into the middle of the flan. It should come out clean).

Edited to add: Just did some research and it seems that caramel has fewer carbs than regular sugar and the darker it is, the fewer carbs it contains. So, maybe a serving of flan, given that the caramel is really dark brown and has been diluted with water, might be closer to 3g or 4g of carbs.

View attachment 26134
This sound wonderful, lived in Spain for a short but glorious time and loved these, thanks so much @ziggy_w for taking the time to post the whole recipe and carbs....will be making for sure

Reactions: ziggy_w

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 26134

Wow this looks and sounds delicious!

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6C529731-33B0-4A76-9273-CEE5F1B84FA8.jpeg

Evening all
At long last managed a successful lemon drizzle cake with only 1.9 g carbs per generous slice. Found recipe on www.everydaysugarfree.co.uk
You’ll need to search for lemon drizzle cake. Only adaptations made to the recipe is the addition of a few drops of stevia liquid to the erythritol to make a little sweeter tasting for the rest of family. I also baked for 50mins before adding the lemon juice which I did in increments 3 x five mins back in oven every time and it really is best ever tastes just like ordinary lemon drizzle and Mr G agreed with me.
Notice this site also has a low carb custard - doable in slow cooker and I fancy giving this a go would be like your flan @ziggy but without caramel but would need to swap milk for cream. Maybe later in the week!

Had planned one large meal today as fasting bg a bit higher than normal and wasn’t hungry this morning - but succumbed mid afternoon to warm lemon cake and cream!
Dinner roast belly pork, cauli cheese and braised celery followed by lemon and lime low carb mousse
Gin and soda planned for this evening.

Last edited: