What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Robmoney

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B- coffee, DD porridge with wild blueberries, 1 slice LC bread with butter
L- leftover chicken stir fry
D- hotdog on LC bun, sauerkraut, 2 pieces pickled beets (yum), 6 kalamata olives, home made BP coconut chocolate
Forgot about the two glasses of red wine to compensate for lousy day.
Hi your porridge do you make it with milk or water. It seems to spike my levels 15+
Thanks

Squeekyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
TV: don't watch TV, find most programs boring.Don't have a telly now but do watch videos now & then on a monitor.
I see you are getting that on low carb, fats are the real filling bit, :)
the bake would have been nice, I do an indian spice colly bake thats also good
@jack412, Although I am light years away from this post of yours, would you be kind enough to forward your receipe of the Indian Spiced colly please? Kind regards & I'm starving. Squeekyboy AKA Steve

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 26136
Evening all
At long last managed a successful lemon drizzle cake with only 1.9 g carbs per generous slice. Found recipe on www.everydaysugarfree.co.uk
You’ll need to search for lemon drizzle cake. Only adaptations made to the recipe is the addition of a few drops of stevia liquid to the erythritol to make a little sweeter tasting for the rest of family. I also baked for 50mins before adding the lemon juice which I did in increments 3 x five mins back in oven every time and it really is best ever tastes just like ordinary lemon drizzle and Mr G agreed with me.

Oh now this is going to be next weekends treat. In my previous life as a non diabetic I absolute loved lemon drizzle cake! Thank you so much for the link :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 26136
Evening all
At long last managed a successful lemon drizzle cake with only 1.9 g carbs per generous slice. Found recipe on www.everydaysugarfree.co.uk
You’ll need to search for lemon drizzle cake. Only adaptations made to the recipe is the addition of a few drops of stevia liquid to the erythritol to make a little sweeter tasting for the rest of family. I also baked for 50mins before adding the lemon juice which I did in increments 3 x five mins back in oven every time and it really is best ever tastes just like ordinary lemon drizzle and Mr G agreed with me.
Notice this site also has a low carb custard - doable in slow cooker and I fancy giving this a go would be like your flan @ziggy but without caramel but would need to swap milk for cream. Maybe later in the week!

Had planned one large meal today as fasting bg a bit higher than normal and wasn’t hungry this morning - but succumbed mid afternoon to warm lemon cake and cream!
Dinner roast belly pork, cauli cheese and braised celery followed by lemon and lime low carb mousse
Gin and soda planned for this evening.

@shelley262 -- Your lemon drizzle cake looks amazing. I really have to try this.

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh now this is going to be next weekends treat. In my previous life as a non diabetic I absolute loved lemon drizzle cake! Thank you so much for the link :)
I’ve had three previous goes at a lemon cake with different recipes and this is the first that really worked.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 your cake looks wonderful, lemon drizzle was always a favourite of mine and I didn’t think I’d ever have it again. Very happy!

Breakfast: smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Coffee with cream x2

Lunch: a toasted Oopsie with cream cheese and hot smoked salmon.
Chocolate chia pudding
afterwards.

Dinner: Baked salmon with hollandaise sauce and asparagus cooked in coconut oil.
Raspberries and cream afterwards.

Just realised, writing this that Ive had salmon for every meal today - should be really brainy now!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 your cake looks wonderful, lemon drizzle was always a favourite of mine and I didn’t think I’d ever have it again. Very happy!

Breakfast: smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Coffee with cream x2

Lunch: a toasted Oopsie with cream cheese and hot smoked salmon.
Chocolate chia pudding
afterwards.

Dinner: Baked salmon with hollandaise sauce and asparagus cooked in coconut oil.
Raspberries and cream afterwards.

Just realised, writing this that Ive had salmon for every meal today - should be really brainy now!

I was just about to ask if there was a BOGOF on salmon in your supermarket this week?! :joyful::hilarious:

Reactions: DJC3

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
Just one meal
Went for a pub meal, and my intention to eat steak vaporised when I saw ‘cumberland sausage and half rack of ribs’
Yum!

Today
9am 2 rashers bacon and one egg
12.30 pm Hunters chicken, with the sickly tomato sauce stuff scraped off. Also two slices cucumber, half a tomato, and a blob of coleslaw
A gluten free choc torte slice, which was basically an intensely choccy slice of fat bomb. With cream.
7pm ox cheek in a smear of garlicky tomato
Can’t believe how much I have eaten today!!!

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 wow! Lemon drizzle that works, thanks to all this weeks experimenters we have lots of new recipes for next week!

No breakfast as not hungry.
Lunch was more M&S serrano and manchego rollitos plus a scoop of salted caramel Oppo, lovely and 3.3g carbs
Just eaten some slow roast lamb shoulder with garlic butter asparagus......plenty of carbs left for more ice cream but no room!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
E6BD8ED3-3E2C-48F7-B210-CD9E88F38E76.jpeg
It's called porridge but that using the term loosely. It's more like a warm custard. Here's the recipe

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge

I make this every morning. Sounds like you need to cook it a bit longer if you want a more ‘porridgy’ consistency, as initially it goes quite liquid as the butter and coconut cream melt, but cook it very gently for longer, stirring all the time and as the egg sets it becomes more porridge like.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
View attachment 26138

I make this every morning. Sounds like you need to cook it a bit longer if you want a more ‘porridgy’ consistency, as initially it goes quite liquid as the butter and coconut cream melt, but cook it very gently for longer, stirring all the time and as the egg sets it becomes more porridge like.
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it (and I have cooked it longer). It's just not oatmeal. I've even tried the other recipe with chia seeds, but alas, it's not porridge either.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it (and I have cooked it longer). It's just not oatmeal. I've even tried the other recipe with chia seeds, but alas, it's not porridge either.

So long as you enjoy it. I was never that keen on porridge or coconut but my tastes have changed so much since low carbing and absolutely love this for breakfast :hungry:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Made my comeback at walking football today after a 9 month absence due to shin splints and assorted over use injuries. Feeling it now, but boy was I so much fitter than last time I went.

2 meals today.

Lunch was at Shake Shack. Bunless cheeseburger with lettuce tomato onion and mayonnaise.

Dinner was 2 Waitrose Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers bacon and a Birds Eye burger followed by extra thick double cream and 4 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, 1 x tiny toast potato! 1/2 a small Yorkshire pud, mixed veg and gravy, followed by 2 x Lindt dark chocolate mini eggs.
Dinner at ILs: cold cuts of chicken and ham, cheese, salad of celery, lettuce, cucumber and tomato followed by 1 x Jaffa cake.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Spent half the day in the kitchen today trying to prepare for a busy week (don't know if I'll have much of a chance to cook during the week.) Prepared some rhubarb compote, DD keto rolls, roasted vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, bellpeppers and olive oil), and guacamole.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. A coffee caramel flan, half a Wiener sausage.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with mayo and smoked salmon, another flan. Five strawberries with whipped cream and erythritol.

Dinner: A wiener sausage. Half a DD keto roll with butter, a serving of rhubarb compote (rhubarb, erythritol, agar, agar -- so very, very low carb). A glass of dry red wine.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 26136
Evening all
Notice this site also has a low carb custard - doable in slow cooker and I fancy giving this a go would be like your flan @ziggy but without caramel but would need to swap milk for cream. Maybe later in the week!

Had planned one large meal today as fasting bg a bit higher than normal and wasn’t hungry this morning - but succumbed mid afternoon to warm lemon cake and cream!
Dinner roast belly pork, cauli cheese and braised celery followed by lemon and lime low carb mousse
Gin and soda planned for this evening.
That's the first thing I've seen in a few days that I'd like to eat assuming I can work up the energy to make it. I'd add lemon cream cheese and yoghurt icing to it. Very simple

100g softened cream cheese
125mls unsweetened natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 tablespoon granulated sweetener

Mix the softened cream cheese with the yoghurt. Add the lemon zest and the sweetener and mix well. That's it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the first thing I've seen in a few days that I'd like to eat assuming I can work up the energy to make it. I'd add lemon cream cheese and yoghurt icing to it. Very simple

100g softened cream cheese
125mls unsweetened natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 tablespoon granulated sweetener

Mix the softened cream cheese with the yoghurt. Add the lemon zest and the sweetener and mix well. That's it.
Sounds like a great idea

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As I said earlier today has been better but I did have a nap this afternoon. Bed 7.2 FBG 7.5. Still had an attack of the DPs but only to 8.2. No double figure highs today thank goodness.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. 1/2 Mattesons smoked sausage
D. Diet Doctor chipolte pork chop. Skipped the garlic butter and I added sliced sprouts to the green beans and avocado

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-chops-green-beans-avocado

Scoop of Breyers cookie dough ice cream. This is yet another high protein low sugar ice cream. It is seriously creamy. I only got it because the local Tesco had sold out of the Halo Top but I prefer Halo Top. For those who like very creamy ice cream you'll love Breyers and it's on offer at Tesco right now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 glad you are starting to feel a bit better.
Thanks for the lemon icing recipe - sounds lovely. I’m off to buy lemons tomorrow to make the cake.

Ive never heard of Breyers ice cream but will pop in to Tesco and look for it as I do like it creamy. Do you know the carb count?