Blood Sugar Diet Type 1

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, Can I ask if anyone T1 has done the Blood Sugar Diet and if so how they found it, wanting to try this to lose some weight really struggling as have quite lot of hypos at the mo when exercising so trying to get it sorted

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Simple solution for the hypo is to cut your basal a couple of hours before you exercise, then you wont go hypo and need extra carbs which = weight gain.. :)
Try doing some basal testing so you can see what is going and if your basal is correct double check all your other settings, hopefully that will solve your problem.

Reactions: Tracyann35
D

Deleted Account

For me, the biggest benefit of having a pump by far is the ability to adjust my basal for exercise to avoid going too high or too low, depending on the activity.

I find it takes about an hour for the temporary basal rate to take affect so I need to remember to adjust my basal well in advance of the exercise.

You may also find you need a temporary basal for up to 48 hours after exercise. For me, I reduce my basal for about 10 hours after exercise.

It will take a bit of trial and error (and lots of testing) to work out what works best for you

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think it is great to do exercise but study after study shows that it doesn't help you lose weight so I think trying a different way of eating could work well but you will need to feel confident with adjusting your bolus doses if your chosen strategy is the BS diet which is low in cals/carbs. Most people do this one to get rid of liver fat and thus reverse or improve their diabetes and this is not a possibility for you as a type 1 and you therefore need to plan for what would happen after these 8-12 weeks.
I am a trainer so am a great fan of exercise but not as a 'calorie burning' method but it is a great way to raise mood and muscle tone which will help indirectly!