Drinking Coffee on LCHF

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee with double cream is great I have about 20ml in mine (about 4-5 per day 400ml mug) at 0.5g of carbs per large mug it fits into my macros nicely. And I'm an addict!

Reactions: Tony337 and hankjam

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi
Had double cream in my morning coffee today for the first time ever.
Enjoyed the drink and only needed 3 teaspoons full but it left an unpleasant after taste despite vigorous teeth brushing.
Anyone else had this?

Thank you

Tony

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Strong and black; no milk or sugar: I drink a coffee called Rocket Fuel and it is about the only thing about my diet that hasn't changed since diagnosis. I haven't tested to see the effect it has on my BG as I really could't give that up as well as everything else as I don't like tea so my only other drink is water (or wine)!

tubamanandy

Hi
Had double cream in my morning coffee today for the first time ever.
Enjoyed the drink and only needed 3 teaspoons full but it left an unpleasant after taste despite vigorous teeth brushing.
Anyone else had this?

Thank you

Tony

I did exactly the same this morning although didn't really get an after-taste

D

Deleted member 308541

Strong and black; no milk or sugar: I drink a coffee called Rocket Fuel and it is about the only thing about my diet that hasn't changed since diagnosis.
Good name for your coffee, mine is called "heart starter".

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Tipetoo "Good name for your coffee, mine is called "heart starter".

Not seen that one, are you in England?

mrsspenny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am following a low carb eating plan but do enjoy my afternoon latte (morning coffee is black) so I use Jersey whole milk (about 4.6 carbs per 100g) and make it at home. I recently discovered Sweetbird caramel sugar free syrup at my local coffee supplier and am really enjoying this as a treat.