What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you enjoy it! Use a non stick pan on a low heat and stir throughout the cooking process or it catches easily.
Thank you for the advice, I am looking forward to trying this, I will let you know how it goes :angelic:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all
Thanks for tip the other week @Goonergal re m and s deli. Met up with with youngest son in large new m and s near Birmingham which had a deli bar would really recommend. They have nutrition online but applies to whole meal including bread so worked it out more based on the rest which was practically zero carb in what I had.
No breakfast as treat lunch planned
Lunch m and s deli bar small seafood platter - crab, prawns, trout and smoked salmon served with plain green salad swap for bread and mayonnaise rather than Marie Rose sauce to play safe! It was delicious - so much better than their cafe for us low carbers couldn’t find anything in the cafe to eat at all a few weeks back. They also on request gave me cream with my Americano.
Dinner chicken stir fry with bean noodles followed by lemon and lime mousse and a thin slice of lemon drizzle
Had fun day shopping starting to get a few things for my May holidays when taking my mum and her sister my elderly aunt away provided both well enough at the time.

Top tip on the M&S Deli bar. The M&S I use has one, and I have never, ever used it, although I have sometimes ended uo just having coffee and cream in the other cafe, then snaffling some chorizo crisps when I get a minute.
:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1pm - Meatzza , my first, made it with minced turkey thigh as the base topped with mozzarella, salami and olives. Very tasy and filling
7pm - Roast leg of lamb with buttered garlic/chilli spinach

Lovely weather today really lifted my spirits, planning a cooking day making some easy portable lunch dishes.

Ive been meaning to try something similar for a few weeks now.
A low carbing friend told me his favourite pizza base is a hamburger rolled out thin. He says its fab.
I keep buying posh ( high meat) burgers, but they keep getting eaten.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried another fasting day. Just Coffee with cream at breakfast and lunch.
I got in around 2 pm and bg was 8.0 which made me quite cheesed off. Had some olives and parma ham and an Adonis blondie.

Just got back from yoga and had slow cooker beef stroganoff with broccoli and green beans. Orange and raspberry chia pudding to finish.

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you and yes I think taking time out is a great way to try and create some quiet me time. I use a Pranamat and lie on it for 20 - 30 mins most nights, I find it extremely relaxing and I often listen to some music or a meditation session.

I am trying the coconut porridge tomorrow :)
Breakfast ham and a hard boiled egg with my usual cappuccino
Lunch tuna salad
Dinner tuna steak salad and poached egg, strawberries and extra thick cream, I might have scales, fins and gills tomorrow after all the fish today ;)
Just looked up your pranamat as didn’t know what it was - looks interesting way to relax

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looked up your pranamat as didn’t know what it was - looks interesting way to relax
I love mine, I used to have a constant ache in my lower back and quite often in my neck and shoulders, since buying my mat no more aches and pains and I find it so relaxing I have often nodded off while led on it.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
B- coffee w/cream x2, 2 Costco sausage patties, 2 scrambled eggs
L- 1 tbsp peanut butter (hungry but too close to dinnertime to eat...have been craving pb, was yummy, didn't even miss the toast)
D- modified DD chops & green beans (I brined the pork for 6 hrs, then proceeded with recipe), sautéed mushrooms & onions. Didn't care for the green beans done that way (texture), prefer with just butter but the garlic paprika butter was fantastic on the chops.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-chops-green-beans-avocado

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Home late from work, so didn't have energy to post last night.

@jayney27 -- Your pranamat made my curious too. So, I just had to google it. Does it vibrate? Or is it just the flowers that have a massaging effect? Please tell me a little more about it.

@shelley262 and @Goonergal -- I find that exercise has the most significant impact on my blood sugars by far (way more than stress or lack of sleep). They can go up to 6.7 after half an hour of strenuous exercise, but I find it contributes to overall lower blood sugar levels.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. One wiener sausage.

Lunch: A small piece of T-Bone steak (about 1/3 of the steak), roasted vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, bellpepper, mushrooms, olive oil) and a serving of lupini hummus.

Dinner (very, very late in the day): A wiener sausage, half a DD keto roll, cornsalad with Caesar's dressing and grated parmesan, the last of the low-carb flan. A glass of red wine (the wine came actually before dinner.)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Definitely starting to normalize again Bed on Sunday 7.3 and FBG was 6.8. Still a bit achy but feeling a bit better.
B. 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of ox tongue. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Enjoyed the Diet Doctor Chipolte pork chop with green beans and avocado yesterday so had it again. At least I can taste it. Added the sliced sprouts to it again.
Scoop of the Breyers ice cream. Going back to Halo Top though. Breyers is very creamy.
Hope to get some baking done tomorrow or Thursday now I'm feeling better. Busy week though with appointments.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you enjoy it! Use a non stick pan on a low heat and stir throughout the cooking process or it catches easily.
Hi, so the porridge was a success, I really enjoyed it, it was very creamy, light, sweet but not too sweet and lovely and coco nutty. I will definitely make it again.

Attachments

• 0E9DA428-FFA5-41DE-AB8C-92083665E155.jpeg
    0E9DA428-FFA5-41DE-AB8C-92083665E155.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 351

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, so the porridge was a success, I really enjoyed it, it was very creamy, light, sweet but not too sweet and lovely and coco nutty. I will definitely make it again.
Glad you enjoyed it :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes , normality is returning. Bed 6.6 FBG 6.2 and not a sign of DP this morning.
B. 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of ox tongue. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing but a black tea at Gym Monkeys
D. Spiced ribs and coleslaw. Probably a scoop of Halo Top.
Busy week, had to head into town yesterday to take DIL to the orthopaedic hospital. Today I had No 2 grandson at the dentist followed by pre school , me to the podiatrist, get lunch for No 2 then gym monkeys. Tomorrow I have physio then Hubby has the dentist on Thursday and the usual grandson duties. Trying hard to get all the sofa covers washed but drying isn't easy in between showers.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all - Hungry day today
Breakfast one rasher bacon, egg and a few mushrooms fried in butter
Lunch bits of cheese with a few nuts followed by thin slice lemon cake
Dinner beef casserole served with cauli cheese and followed by more of my low carb cake quickly warmed up and served with cream

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tried another fasting day. Just Coffee with cream at breakfast and lunch.
I got in around 2 pm and bg was 8.0 which made me quite cheesed off. Had some olives and parma ham and an Adonis blondie.

Just got back from yoga and had slow cooker beef stroganoff with broccoli and green beans. Orange and raspberry chia pudding to finish.
I like celeriac chips with stroganoff. I'm a big fan of Rick Stein's stroganoff recipe and he serves his with straw chips. Out of the question for me now but celeriac chips are a good substitute.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Home late from work, so didn't have energy to post last night.

@jayney27 -- Your pranamat made my curious too. So, I just had to google it. Does it vibrate? Or is it just the flowers that have a massaging effect? Please tell me a little more about it.

@shelley262 and @Goonergal -- I find that exercise has the most significant impact on my blood sugars by far (way more than stress or lack of sleep). They can go up to 6.7 after half an hour of strenuous exercise, but I find it contributes to overall lower blood sugar levels.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. One wiener sausage.

Lunch: A small piece of T-Bone steak (about 1/3 of the steak), roasted vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, bellpepper, mushrooms, olive oil) and a serving of lupini hummus.

Dinner (very, very late in the day): A wiener sausage, half a DD keto roll, cornsalad with Caesar's dressing and grated parmesan, the last of the low-carb flan. A glass of red wine (the wine came actually before dinner.)
Hi no vibration it’s just the petals that do the work. They are very sharp and lying on them needs to be done with care, however once you are led down and remain still the magic happens. I find within a couple of minutes I start to feel the warmth from my muscles flow through me, I become extremely relaxed and very calm, I have nodded off more than once. Getting up and off the mat also requires caution, you almost need to peel yourself off as the petals can go fairly deep into your skin, but please don’t think they would damage you, they don’t. The effect of lying on the mat is supposed to give the equivalent feeling of having had a massage, the skin gets very warm and quite red but this is only temporary. The mat isn’t cheap but I feel it was worth every penny and I use it almost daily, I generally use it at bedtime, I place it on my bed as the mattress softens the effect slightly and lie down for 20 minutes, sometimes longer, listen to a meditation or some relaxing music. Pure bliss.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4B89A30A-ADF9-43DB-8165-354540B0615B.jpeg 0B5535DC-AC56-4C6E-8340-645D77BD0B7D.jpeg 45CE9F8E-D18A-4D05-BC43-2328D249593B.jpeg
Today I made the coconut porridge, a success, very tasty, the ingredients are already measured out for tomorrow
Lunch was a salad with ham, cheese and a hard boiled egg
Dinner I had chicken meatballs, cauliflower cous cous and mushrooms, I made cauliflower soup for my lunch tomorrow and had a little bit over so I poured it over my meatballs as a sauce, yummy.
Good levels today as well so happy me
Out of bed 6.1
1 hr later, before breakfast but after showering, dressing etc 6.2
2 hrs after breakfast 6.5
Before lunch 5.3
2 hrs after 5.2
Before dinner 5.3 will post 2 hr reading around 9pm

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee with cream
Prawn cocktail
Cauliflower cheese mash with crispy streaky bacon

First session of hydrotherapy tomorrow followed by the hairdresser....wish me luck with the first as I am very aprehensive of getting into my 'swim wear' in the shape I am in! I am hoping it will help with the mobility and then a pampering so hopefully a great day.
Hope you all have a good Wednesday too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like celeriac chips with stroganoff. I'm a big fan of Rick Stein's stroganoff recipe and he serves his with straw chips. Out of the question for me now but celeriac chips are a good substitute.

I like celeriac too, haven’t tried the Rick Stein stroganoff recipe but I will definitely look it up. The one I used was a bit bland to be honest. Thanks

Reactions: ziggy_w

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a similar shock last week while on holiday - 1 small slice of dark rye bread which I loaded with a lovely whipped butter and skyr yoghurt they served with it - and I ended up with 13.2. So depressing

I made a low carb chicken/veggie casserole and froze it in meal-size portions. I also made turkey burgers, and found out I don't like them. A friend suggested making them into soup so I can eat them and not have to waste the burgers. I won't make those again. I have to come up with something else for meals that I will like and be able to freeze so as not to run out again. That easy, no bake dessert mentioned above would be something I'd like. lololol