What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over tuna melt and veggies from last night followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid-afternoon: lemon chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: ‘lasagne’ made with butternut squash slices with cauliflower and brocolli followed by strawberries and vanilla Oppo and 1 square of Tesco 85% chocolate.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: halloumi, 2 fried eggs, 1/2 a grilled tomato and 1/2 an avocado.

L: rocket, the other 1/2 avocado and a few flakes of M&S hot smoked salmon

Mid aft: handful of walnuts

D: brussels sprouts fried with streaky bacon and a dollop of creme fraiche on top. Followed by the low carb lemon cake and a spoonful of cream.

@shelley262 I was pleased with the cake, thenks for the recipe - the mixture looked odd, couldn’t get rid of the lumps but once cooked it looked and tasted great. Even the discerning cake eaters I live with pronounced it yummy.

I’m going to have a glass of red now as Ive found my fasting bg so much better when I do this. What a fantastic discovery, it really is medicinal.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 26165 View attachment 26166 View attachment 26167
Today I made the coconut porridge, a success, very tasty, the ingredients are already measured out for tomorrow
Lunch was a salad with ham, cheese and a hard boiled egg
Dinner I had chicken meatballs, cauliflower cous cous and mushrooms, I made cauliflower soup for my lunch tomorrow and had a little bit over so I poured it over my meatballs as a sauce, yummy.
Good levels today as well so happy me
Out of bed 6.1
1 hr later, before breakfast but after showering, dressing etc 6.2
2 hrs after breakfast 6.5
Before lunch 5.3
2 hrs after 5.2
Before dinner 5.3 will post 2 hr reading around 9pm
Update, 2 hrs after evening meal 5.6 :happy:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: halloumi, 2 fried eggs, 1/2 a grilled tomato and 1/2 an avocado.

L: rocket, the other 1/2 avocado and a few flakes of M&S hot smoked salmon

Mid aft: handful of walnuts

D: brussels sprouts fried with streaky bacon and a dollop of creme fraiche on top. Followed by the low carb lemon cake and a spoonful of cream.

@shelley262 I was pleased with the cake, thenks for the recipe - the mixture looked odd, couldn’t get rid of the lumps but once cooked it looked and tasted great. Even the discerning cake eaters I live with pronounced it yummy.

I’m going to have a glass of red now as Ive found my fasting bg so much better when I do this. What a fantastic discovery, it really is medicinal.
I agree about cake mix did look odd but it does work you can also heat it up if you haven’t added icing to it. It does taste very naughty and my OH is loving it too.
Agree about red wine it is def helpful on fasting bgs.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree about cake mix did look odd but it does work you can also heat it up if you haven’t added icing to it. It does taste very naughty and my OH is loving it too.
Agree about red wine it is def helpful on fasting bgs.

I have the ingredients for the lemon cake on my shopping list for Friday morning, going to have a baking session Friday afternoon :) Glad you mentioned the funny consistency of the mix.

Reactions: Mufflana and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the ingredients for the lemon cake on my shopping list for Friday morning, going to have a baking session Friday afternoon :) Glad you mentioned the funny consistency of the mix.
I think low carb baking does look different but luckily this one looks great when baked and tastes lovely in my opinion

Reactions: Mufflana and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agreed, low carb baking is different but I’m so pleased still to be able to have a little treat. Now we have lemon drizzle and chocolate olive oil cake, we just need a low carb coffee and walnut!

Reactions: ziggy_w

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well push me to the bottom of the stairs, but since I still have a ton of Tesco UltraSlim shakes in the cupboard from when I was going to do the Newcastle Diet, and was short on time this morning, I had one. Made with semi-skimmed milk rather than skimmed.

They are curious things I think: packed with sugar and very sweet tasting, but they don't give you cravings for more sweet stuff at all. And the whole business of having a mid-morning crash after eating carbs just didn't happen, and never did when I'd tried them a few months ago either. I was extremely mentally alert and not hungry all morning at work.

Not sure why this is. Maybe there's something to be said for artificial food which is packed with a wide range of vitamins and minerals and protein, so it gives the body a lot of what it needs and it doesn't crave more.

Lunch was far more sensible carb-wise: chicken, leaves, a mini pepper, a stick of celery and a few baby plum tomatoes.

Dinner was the same salad stuff but with one entire whole slice of toasted LivLife bread with prawn cocktail on top.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
B- coffee w/cream, cold leftover pork loin chop.
Snack- 3 PCs salami, jalapeño jack cheese
L- salami sandwich (on LC roll)
D- BBQ tex-mex chicken thighs, broccoli bacon cheese casserole, red wine

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been meaning to make this one. I've got all the ingredients so maybe I'll make this this week! Any tips?

You need patience if you grate the carrots by hand like I did! But it was worth it! :hungry:

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh great, thanks. Its cheaper than coconut flour so I’m pleased about that.

Reactions: Rachox

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been away for a few days, so food has been v disrupted, and almost entirely in restaurants.

Monday: one meal day of half rack ribs and chickenwings, with garnish and coleslaw

Tuesday: one meal day of full rack ribs with coleslaw, and a mouthful of warm, fresh, crusty white bread roll, with lashings of butter. Then I did have a snack of chorizo crisps with cream cheese at around 8pm

What with the garnish and the coleslaw over each of the last 3 days, this is more veg than I have had in a short time, for months.
Interesting reaction.
No upset tum (which is good) and shows my gut has recovered. :D Although there was some discomfort.
But... I didn’t really enjoy the veg, and there was quite a lot of disinterest. Lol.
And I have to confess that i didn’t feel as well with the meat and veg combo as I always do with the just meat options.

I’m very happy to be home and back to simpler less vegetabley fare ;)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 you are a star! Thanks for the coffee and walnut cake. I do miss baking, and I certainly miss the small but perfect pleasure that is tea and cake in the afternoon.