What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
One of the chosen few. I worked with a guy from Wigan who had a surname I felt really fitted the town - Winstanley!
@ianpspurs What a coincidence my manager at the hospital I worked at was named Winstanley, can't say we where bosom buddies,ex army and he thought we were all his subordinates! I don't think!! it's the stubbornness in me I don't like being treated like a lackey ! K Any how how's the hot tub and the Prosecco going hope you've saved me some should get their before nightfall!! Haha!!K

Reactions: flexi06

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Grandson was at school with Joe Burgess who plays for Wigan Warriors now. Keiran was being scouted by the local rugby teams as well till he got Osteochondritis dissecans and ended up in plaster casts on both legs ankle to hip for a year.
@JohnEGreen our grandson played for Wigan under 21 then transferred to Widnes Vikings he was playing professional then, he had a game against Warrington he was acting captain that day he collided with another player and smashed his kneecap in half. It ended his career professionally but now he is head coach of the under 18s at Widnes Vikings and he's enjoying it,it's such a shame he been playing since he was 4 1/2 years old he 26 now! K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@JohnEGreen our grandson collided with another player and smashed his kneecap in half. It ended his career professionally it's such a shame he been playing since he was 4 1/2 years old he 26 now! K
And that, boys and girls, is why 1 odd fbg should be kept in perspective!;)

Last edited:

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Granny_grump_ we just had a significant snowfall. The temperatures are now climbing +6°c today 11°c tomorrow. The snow was almost gone until this last snowfall.
The shoveling this winter has done a number on my shoulder. I may need some physiotherapy if things don’t improve. I have been trying to limit screen time and get more things done around the house. My numbers are still pretty good and no meds so I take it as a win.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ Freema how are you doing,I've just got back from hospital with my niece she's having problems with the surgery she had done two /three weeks ago I had to take her back to the ward for the consultant to see her. She's back on Monday but I've yet another appointment with my dog this time,who has the luxury of relaxing certainly not me! K

I am doing fine actually even though my numbers are a bit high in average, I just read of this medication used for helping wounds to heal, haven´t tried it yet but it claims to heal wounds much faster than most other medications ... and does not create resistant bacterias : Microdacyn.(Registrated trademark ) also works for diabetic wounds;

hope you can mange to cope with all these things you are taking care of... and hope your niece will soon get well again

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
One of the chosen few. I worked with a guy from Wigan who had a surname I felt really fitted the town - Winstanley!
@ianpspurs Another bit of useless information for you Winstanley is a real area of Wigan, just a short distance from Wrightington Orthopaedic Hospital where a doctor developed the hip replacement surgery a Mr Charnley, world wide recognition of his pioneering work for which Wrightington is still world leader.! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am doing fine actually even though my numbers are a bit high in average, I just read of this medication used for helping wounds to heal, haven´t tried it yet but it claims to heal wounds much faster than most other medications ... and does not create resistant bacterias : Microdacyn.(Registrated trademark ) also works for diabetic wounds;

hope you can mange to cope with all these things you are taking care of... and hope your niece will soon get well again
@Freema I have a mother hen syndrome always taking care of family members can't say no that's me, at the moment I'm taking care of three family members sister niece and son but I couldn't do anything different each have health problems and no-one else to turn to. But my sister would be their for me if I needed her,my son has come home to stay for indefinite length of time so we can help him cope with life's problems that he's finding it all too much to handle on his own, my sister is recovering from gallbladder removal and her daughter my niece has infection from hysterectomy surgery though she is quite young to be having had this surgery. The video I found very interesting will look it up online to see if it's available in this country would be very interested in a product like this! Thank you K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Granny_grump_ we just had a significant snowfall. The temperatures are now climbing +6°c today 11°c tomorrow. The snow was almost gone until this last snowfall.
The shoveling this winter has done a number on my shoulder. I may need some physiotherapy if things don’t improve. I have been trying to limit screen time and get more things done around the house. My numbers are still pretty good and no meds so I take it as a win.
@Troubled1 Ive said it too you before don't know how you cope in those temperatures, hope your shoulder isn't giving you too much pain! K

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs short distance from Wrightington Orthopaedic Hospital where a doctor developed the hip replacement surgery a Mr Charnley, world wide recognition of his pioneering work for which Wrightington is still world leader.! K
Thanks @Granny_grump.My mother in law has had both hips replaced twice using that method!