One week to go

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Next tuesday I go live with insulin! Got my pump today and went through some the different functions on it (got the medtronic 640G), bit overwhelmed by it I have to admit. I'm looking forward to this new stage of my diabetes management but at the same time it feels like I'm veing diagnosed anew

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi JimmySmith and good luck with D (P?) Day! It is a good bit of kit and should give you a smoother ride if you can get the basal dosing right plus count those carbs to take full advantage of the tech...Mine is a Roche one so be interested to know how you get on with the medtronic for if and when I have to choose a new system.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Next tuesday I go live with insulin! Got my pump today and went through some the different functions on it (got the medtronic 640G), bit overwhelmed by it I have to admit. I'm looking forward to this new stage of my diabetes management but at the same time it feels like I'm veing diagnosed anew
Good luck @jimmysmith! I'm a fairly new pumper and vividly remember the day my pumo was delivered! I was overwhelmed too, don't bog yourself down, it soon falls into place. Keep us up to date,
Christine

Reactions: porl69

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would love to hear how you get on with this pump I am going to be getting my 640g next month any thought or feelings any thing would be useful and gratefully appreciated (never had a tubed pump

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m hopefully getting one this year also. Can I ask where you have been keeping/wearing it so far? I see lots about where women keep them but not males

Reactions: jimmysmith

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m hopefully getting one this year also. Can I ask where you have been keeping/wearing it so far? I see lots about where women keep them but not males
At the moment I'm keeping it just hooked to my waistband of my trousers. Waiting for Medtronic to process my vat exemption form so I can by a case for it.

There a few times when I have to adjust it a little, if I'm bending down for example as it digs in a little.

Jackie67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello, I have a 640G, using it for about 2 months now but I have been using insulin pump for 13 years and must admit am still getting used to it. I also have CGM with the 640G and this is even more complicated.
I agree on the member saying carb count. A good book (also as an app) is Carbs abs Cals. It gives to a range of portion sizes and covers lots of everyday dishes as well as popular eating out meals. Good luck with your new pump

Reactions: jimmysmith

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I have a 640G, using it for about 2 months now but I have been using insulin pump for 13 years and must admit am still getting used to it. I also have CGM with the 640G and this is even more complicated.
I agree on the member saying carb count. A good book (also as an app) is Carbs abs Cals. It gives to a range of portion sizes and covers lots of everyday dishes as well as popular eating out meals. Good luck with your new pump
Thanks. I've got the book you mentioned, I find it so useful :)

D

Deleted Account

At the moment I'm keeping it just hooked to my waistband of my trousers.
I have a Vibe which I attach to my belt.
I have tried to attach direct to the waistband and found, like you, it digs in.
So, I just wear a belt and find the slight offset protects my body ... and keeps up my troos.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I use a pump belt bought off ebay - it's made of lycra so very flexible and because it sits sideways I barely know it's there, I use it for exercise and sleep too, they are well worth getting as make it so comfortable to wear.

Reactions: Picci

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @jimmysmith

I tried a belt clip / holder but never got on with it. I now wear shirts and t shirts with breast pockets where my pump lives. If I'm wearing anything else then its on a lanyard around my neck.

Sometimes its in a pocket in my shorts but very rarely.

Chas

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At the moment I'm keeping it just hooked to my waistband of my trousers. Waiting for Medtronic to process my vat exemption form so I can by a case for it.

There a few times when I have to adjust it a little, if I'm bending down for example as it digs in a little.

Thanks - all the best for your go live, hoping it’s a great success for you!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good luck for Tuesday @jimmysmith. Keep us upto date with what happens. Fingers crossed I should have some news on if am eligible for a pump in the next week or so. Hopefully going onto the 640G as well :)

Reactions: Picci and Juicyj