What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning everyone, a quite unbelievable 17.3!!!! But I did have a big hypo at 3am, and I overcompensated for it in my daze! And to top it off I feel like a zombie this morning (my fault tho, over doing it) on a brighter note training is going well.
Take care everyone.
Were all guilty of this john

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone lovely sunny day
BG @ 8.25 was 5.7 so I'm fine in the 5 s it's been 5.7 yesterday and yesterday evening but not complaining! K
ianpspurs A very Happy Birthday to your wife and enjoy your meal out with the family! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Granny_grump_ around here it is usually less cold when it snows. Most of the snow from the last two days is pretty much gone now. Afternoon temperature +9°c. I’ll take it.
@Troubled1 And we complain because it persistently pours down,don't think we have much to complain about do you.
By the way this week the sunshine has returned and it's a beautiful morning wish you could get some of this spring day weather! K

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
5.7 this morning...... My eating has gone a bit pear shaped over the last few days.... I havent eaten anything 'bad' . but im getting hungry snackish a lot especially at night for some reason... ah well !

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not really an option as I have to drive. The area is infamous for drains - up to 60 feet deep with sheer sides - which regularly claim lives of people with no respect for where they are. Much of where we live is barely at sea level!

Ian, Same here, live in Northern part of the county, in the Fens, and amazing how many end up in the drains (which visitors think of as rivers). Ramsey 40ft being notorious for those caught unawares

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
6.1 this morning ant get out of the 6 s unless there’s some wine involved at night . No matter what I do it’s always between 6 to 6.7 then drops to 5.6 overvthe day
Only doin about 20 to 30 grms of carbs a day

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian, Same here, live in Northern part of the county, in the Fens, and amazing how many end up in the drains (which visitors think of as rivers). Ramsey 40ft being notorious for those caught unawares
@Mick1959 You must live relatively near me then Mick. The meal tonight is at Dog in a Doublet, Thorney - so proper Fens. Amazing how the Fens end abruptly after Fordham and become The Brecks. Are you a proper Fen Tiger or an import?:angelic:

Last edited:

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mick1959 You must live relatively near me then Mick. The meal tonight is at Dog in a Doublet, Thorney - so proper Fens. Amazing how the Fens end abruptly after Fordham and become The Brecks. Are you a proper Fen Tiger or an import?:angelic:

Oh I am an incomer, even after 30 years, I am still viewed with suspicion. Moved here when girls where young, and wanted them settled for a few years before I left the navy and hassle of find a place.

I know Dog in A Doublet well, used to take my two girls skating opposite when the flooded field froze over, and I live near Guyhirn

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I am an incomer, even after 30 years, I am still viewed with suspicion. I know Dog in A Doublet well, used to take my two girls skating opposite when the flooded field froze over, and I live near Guyhirn
I was born (technically Cambridge) and bred in the village that developed Bandy. "Based on the number of participating athletes, bandy is the world's second-most popular winter sport after ice hockey." Very much part of Fen skating on the washes in winter in this area. 30 years eh, the age of a good hoe about Guyhirn I imagine!;)

Reactions: DJC3

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was born (technically Cambridge) and bred in the village that developed Bandy. "Based on the number of participating athletes, bandy is the world's second-most popular winter sport after ice hockey." Very much part of Fen skating on the washes in winter in this area. 30 years eh, the age of a good hoe about Guyhirn I imagine!;)

A good hoe is at least 50 years old around here, and then it is only just broken in, bests ones are a lot older and like Triggers broom.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A good hoe is at least 50 years old around here, and then it is only just broken in, bests ones are a lot older and like Triggers broom.
I have never hoed a field of beet but I certainly have total admiration for the old boys who did. Those fields are huge.
Edit: No wonder they had prodigious thirsts!

Reactions: Mick1959

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@johnpol @karen8967 @Cumberland I am in awe of you T1s and what you have to cope with. Makes my life seem very simple to manage in comparison.

Hope the rest of the day improves John.

@ianpspurs : designated driver is a blow with such a lovely menu. Hope you all have a lovely evening though.
thanks djc3 we all have our own battles to fight whatever type we are :joyful:

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have never hoed a field of beet but I certainly have total admiration for the old boys who did. Those fields are huge.
Edit: No wonder they had prodigious thirsts!

A lot different these days with those massive machines they use now

Reactions: ziggy_w