How not to fart on low carb ???

swissmiss

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
My new favourite foods are Brussels sprouts, kale, raw cabbage, and the delicious Polish cabbage salad in jars.

Cans of kidney beans with a bit of balsamic vinegar, chick peas are also a quick fix.

These are very fartogenic foods. Is there any way to fart less? I cleared a room of teenagers last week with it

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
If you also drink wine, search out a bottle with a robust cork. :wideyed:

Edit: kidney beans and chick peas can be a bit carby.

Reactions: jooleecee

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No help on the wind front, sorry.
Tell me more about "the delicious Polish cabbage salad in jars"

Hj

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Your gut biome must look like a beautiful Amazon rainforest, diverse and blooming! I just realised how weird that sounds.... I'll get my coat....

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have found the opposite since going low carb, no bloating and very little wind even though I feel full most of the time. Maybe I need more green fuel hehe

Reactions: Serena51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My new favourite foods are Brussels sprouts, kale, raw cabbage, and the delicious Polish cabbage salad in jars.

Cans of kidney beans with a bit of balsamic vinegar, chick peas are also a quick fix.

These are very fartogenic foods. Is there any way to fart less? I cleared a room of teenagers last week with it
You could always try zero carb and just eat animal...

Reactions: AloeSvea

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never had any farty issues with sprouts or (cooked) cabbage... and definitely not kale either since starting low carb.

Those foods look like rocket fuel. :D
I used to have a little dog, who when he was old and very sick would fart for England. He used to be very offended by these strange nasties that came out of his rear end and would shoot across the room to escape whenever they occurred - I used to call him my little methane propelled dog. I never knew if I should laugh or cry for him! :):(

Robbity

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
No help on the wind front, sorry.
Tell me more about "the delicious Polish cabbage salad in jars"

Hj
I believe it's sauerkraut (fermented then pickled cabbage)

Reactions: hankjam

liphi7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there, I've been on a plant based diet for 2 months and yes gas is a problem. But I've found if you take a Acidophilus tablet with your meal the gas never forms....YEA! I've talked to my dr and he says "no problem". Acidophilus puts the good bacteria back into your colon when you have had diarrhea or you have been taking antibiotics. As always ask your doctor before beginning any new medication.

Reactions: XxTinkerxx

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Reactions: hankjam

GerryDavies

Type of diabetes
HCP
No gas no gain. Colonic gas is produced by bacteria metabolizing (fermenting) any food that escapes digestion in the small intestine and enters the large intestine or colon. 60% plus of this gas in Hydrogen, H2. In 2007 it was discovered that H2 is a selective free radical scavenger (a selective antioxidant). In the years since 2007 there has been steadily increasing research interest documenting beneficial effects of H2 gas through nutralizing free radicals and other cell signaling mechanisms. The speculation is that much of the observed improvements in health associated with fibre is due to higher hydrogen levels in the body. H2 is the smallest molecule and rapidly equilibriates in all tissues and cells throughout the body so the anti-oxidant effects occur wherever trouble might (inflammation) be brewing.
Gastric bypass surgery cures type 2 Diabetes but produces a huge increase in flatulence in everyone who has undergone the surgery, without this side effect, which indicates increased fermentation and hydrogen production in the colon, there may be no cure.

Reactions: ErylV

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only time I fart is if I eat carbs or onions and it’s been many years since I’ve eaten carbs. My keto diet keeps the wind at bay.

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never had any farty issues with sprouts or (cooked) cabbage... and definitely not kale either since starting low carb.

I used to have a little dog, who when he was old and very sick would fart for England. He used to be very offended by these strange nasties that came out of his rear end and would shoot across the room to escape whenever they occurred - I used to call him my little methane propelled dog. I never knew if I should laugh or cry for him! :):(

Robbity