What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well push me to the bottom of the stairs, but since I still have a ton of Tesco UltraSlim shakes in the cupboard from when I was going to do the Newcastle Diet, and was short on time this morning, I had one. Made with semi-skimmed milk rather than skimmed.

They are curious things I think: packed with sugar and very sweet tasting, but they don't give you cravings for more sweet stuff at all. And the whole business of having a mid-morning crash after eating carbs just didn't happen, and never did when I'd tried them a few months ago either. I was extremely mentally alert and not hungry all morning at work.

Not sure why this is. Maybe there's something to be said for artificial food which is packed with a wide range of vitamins and minerals and protein, so it gives the body a lot of what it needs and it doesn't crave more.

Lunch was far more sensible carb-wise: chicken, leaves, a mini pepper, a stick of celery and a few baby plum tomatoes.

Dinner was the same salad stuff but with one entire whole slice of toasted LivLife bread with prawn cocktail on top.
I like the same bread and so it would seem does my partner, we got a fresh loaf on Sunday, it’s almost gone and I’ve not had a slice yet :happy:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: sliced seafood sticks with cauliflower and broccoli salad and mayo followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid-afternoon: orange chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: roast chicken, gravy, one tiny hassleback potato and mixed veg followed by strawberries with Breyers cookies and cream ice cream and 2 x Lindt dark chocolate mini eggs.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Really late posting today, the train home was more than two hours late, so arrived home at 11:20 p.m. (Unfortuately have to get up again at 6:30 to be at work again in time -- feeling a bit sorry for myself atm.)

Thanks for posting all the cake recipes, @Brunneria, @maglil55 and @Rachox. I have a feeling I will start experimenting with some new cakes soon.

Also, thanks @jayney27 for giving all this wonderful info on the mat -- sounds fascinating. I have to look into this a bit more.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Roasted vegetables with about 60g of Greek yoghurt, a small piece of T-bone steak, a medium serving of lupini hummus, and guacamole.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: A rather large serving of rhubarb compote with erythritol-sweetened whipping cream, half a DD keto roll with butter, some guacamole, a Wiener sausage and a Adonis snack bar.

Today ...

Woke up early in the morning, felt a bit hungry and had another Adonis snack bar. Went back to bed.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Another serving of rhubarb compote with erythritol-sweetened whipped cream, roasted vegetables with 2 scrambled eggs, and half a DD keto roll. Couldn't finish it all.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: So, far one glass of dry red wine, haven't decided on food yet.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B = Large mug of freshly brewed Coffee
L = Large mug of freshly brewed Coffee
D = Chicken salad with mayonnaise.
S = 300g sliced salami & assorted German sausage and 100g of pitted green Olives.
Bottle of red wine consumed during the evening.
4.3mmol @ 23:35

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all phew what an amazing day plus Thursday is my Favourite day as Pilates class - great me time.
No breakfast just flat white with frothed up watered down cream
Lunch range of cheese and celery
Dinner bolognese with bean pasta and glass of red wine planning some OPPO ice cream later.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
79DA1AEA-51C0-4958-A5BF-A1087E71B2B5.jpeg
Popped to my local Spar for eggs this afternoon, (always running out of eggs!) and spotted reduced Adonis bars at the till, that’s the good news, the bad news is that the shop assistant thinks they aren’t going to stock them anymore :(

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 26193
Popped to my local Spar for eggs this afternoon, (always running out of eggs!) and spotted reduced Adonis bars at the till, that’s the good news, the bad news is that the shop assistant thinks they aren’t going to stock them anymore :(

Shame! At least you’ve managed to stock up for now though.
Hope the sell by dates aren’t all due to expire tomorrow!

Reactions: Mufflana and Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shame! At least you’ve managed to stock up for now though.
Hope the sell by dates aren’t all due to expire tomorrow!

They are ok til 15th June! I’ll probably have polished them off by then :hungry:

Reactions: Mufflana

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee with cream
Frankfurters
Liver, bacon and buttered garlic spinach

Finding that the less veg I eat the less I want , odd as I used to love them. Short, very short, toddle in the sun this afternoon, the crutches make such a difference and mean I can at least try! Hope everyone is enjoying the better weather.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a beautiful day today, shame most of it I was inside, however I did walk from one site to the next and back again just to get some exercise and a shot of vitamin D
Breakfast today LivLife toasted with peanut butter and my indulgent cappuccino
Lunch the remainder of my cauliflower soup with 4 chorizo crisps
Dinner a fat head pizza topped with chorizo, heck chicken sausage, tomatoes and cheese
Lots more carbs than yesterday but still good levels 5.7 at breakfast and again later in the day, then 5.2 before dinner

Attachments

• 5505B0F4-0133-4D1D-BA7C-B820A676B9CC.jpeg
    5505B0F4-0133-4D1D-BA7C-B820A676B9CC.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 308
  • 4AE7127C-77E3-446D-B46E-377A4D356DA9.jpeg
    4AE7127C-77E3-446D-B46E-377A4D356DA9.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 315

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
29C today in sunny London! - completely abnormal for April.
B. Herb omelette, black tea, black coffee.
L. Halloumi salad in cafe, diet coke, black coffee.
Snack. Salted, mixed nuts
D. Gado-gado. Homemade Indonesian salad. Warm, cooked cauliflower, cabbage and green beans with cucumber and beansprouts topped with boiled egg, marinated tofu, satay sauce and crunchy onions. Delicious!!
An almost carb free day!!!