What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Granny_grump It was very nice indeed and a pleasing fbg of 5.1 this morning so all good, especially with the sunshine toady!
Hi ianpspurs glad you had a good time and great BG this morning, surprisingly since my post to Freema about it being overcast here the sun has just shown its face we could be in for another lovely day! What more can we ask forK

Reactions: ianpspurs

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. 5.1 this morning so tasting sized panna cotta with deconstructed rhubarb crumble, horlicks ice cream, chocolate brownie and salted caramel can be tolerated. Could be portion size is very much a key to what this old body can deal with. Who knew eh? :( Oh well, "we can't return we can only look behind from where we came and go round and round in the circle game"
@alf_Josiah hasn't signed in yet - you can't just jump in at that level alf training is essential (see post #24369alf_Josiah)
@ziggy_w It was almost perfect - 1 son and wife live and work in Southampton - but the food and service was brilliant and for once I didn't pay!
Enjoy the sun folks.
Sounds as if a goodtime was had by all

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely day here,Mr Mac much better after two ops in four days.....he is sitting in a chair at the hospital smiling and the sun is shining!My readings are high just now,I've had to remember to eat the last few days.....8.0 this morning,but I'll get back on track!Im making a list of easy emergency low carb foods to have at the ready as I've lost too much weight.Never thought I'd write that sentence!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely day here,Mr Mac much better after two ops in four days.....he is sitting in a chair at the hospital smiling and the sun is shining!My readings are high just now,I've had to remember to eat the last few days.....8.0 this morning,but I'll get back on track!Im making a list of easy emergency low carb foods to have at the ready as I've lost too much weight.Never thought I'd write that sentence!

Really pleased to hear Mr Mac is doing so well, what a worrying time you’ve all had.

Emergency low carb food in the handbag is a good idea. I had a bag of pork scratchings in my bag for a while, then forgot about them and when rediscovered they were crushed to smithereens. Don’t do that

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
so glad mr mac is feeling much better x also look after yourself :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely day here,Mr Mac much better after two ops in four days..... I'll get back on track!Im making a list of easy emergency low carb foods to have at the ready as I've lost too much weight.Never thought I'd write that sentence!
@Glenmac So glad to hear your husband is on the mend. Take care of yourself as I know from my father's experience how being wrapped up in caring for a partner can make it all too easy to take your eye off the ball.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds as if a goodtime was had by all
Thanks karen, it was very enjoyable. My own birthday is always in the same week as father's day so I am waiting until all my sons and grandchildren can get together in our garden. Probably be in a 2020 or 2021 to allow the 2 girls due this summer to be able to run and play on the trampoline etc. I mean last night was great but I am soo looking forward to the first proper gathering of our clan, as one in the traditional family home. Nothing else is quite the same!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks karen, it was very enjoyable. My own birthday is always in the same week as father's day so I am waiting until all my sons and grandchildren can get together in our garden. Probably be in a 2020 or 2021 to allow the 2 girls due this summer to be able to run and play on the trampoline etc. I mean last night was great but I am soo looking forward to the first proper gathering of our clan, as one in the traditional family home. Nothing else is quite the same!
totally agree ian :joyful:

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgive me for I have sinned

Today, I spent a wonderful day visiting friends in Southwell.

I was very good lamb salad with only water to drink :angelic:

But late in the after noon we went to a wonderful cream parlour that made its own icecream

I was led into temptation by friends (ok with only the merest of persuassion) with two delicious scoops of strawberry ice cream in a tub.

Heavenly, but 90 minutes later Vampira informed me my bg was 9.2:(

Peridot67

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Hi,

I'm very new here (registered 5 mins ago) Just had confirmation that my HbA1c was 43 on my last blood test (so my doc finally believes me when I told him my blood sugars have been creeping up) My fasting level was 7.1 this morning. I have been periodically testing my blood sugar levels for years as I have many diabetic relatives.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hi,

I'm very new here (registered 5 mins ago) Just had confirmation that my HbA1c was 43 on my last blood test (so my doc finally believes me when I told him my blood sugars have been creeping up) My fasting level was 7.1 this morning. I have been periodically testing my blood sugar levels for years as I have many diabetic relatives.

Welcome. Lots on this site.