What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke early today and had a large mug of filter coffee and cream.
More coffee and cream with breakfast - the infamous coconut porridge.

Started getting somach cramps and diarrhoea before breakfast, somehow thought the porridge and cream would soothe my poor tum. It didn’t.

Just had peppermint tea all day and will stick to this for the rest of the day. I think coffee is causing the trouble. I was trying to cut down as I’d had stomach ache before, but actually I’ve been slowly increasing the amount I drink- I love it!

My main concern at the mo is that it won’t have got better by tomorrow - I’m having the last of my birthday celebrations, a hot air balloon flight over the Chilterns. Can you imagine being in a wicker basket 100s of feet above ground with diarrhoea? Crumbs!

Get well soon @DJC3 xx

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke early today and had a large mug of filter coffee and cream.
More coffee and cream with breakfast - the infamous coconut porridge.

Started getting somach cramps and diarrhoea before breakfast, somehow thought the porridge and cream would soothe my poor tum. It didn’t.

Just had peppermint tea all day and will stick to this for the rest of the day. I think coffee is causing the trouble. I was trying to cut down as I’d had stomach ache before, but actually I’ve been slowly increasing the amount I drink- I love it!

My main concern at the mo is that it won’t have got better by tomorrow - I’m having the last of my birthday celebrations, a hot air balloon flight over the Chilterns. Can you imagine being in a wicker basket 100s of feet above ground with diarrhoea? Crumbs!
Oh Lord! Hope you recover.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B- herring in lemon & cracker pepper sauce
L- Denver on 1/2 LC roll (fried egg w/ham, peppers & green onion)
Snack- 1/2 portion cauli cheese bacon bake
D- fathead pizza, glass of red wine
I only knew a Denver as an omelette. Never thought about putting it on a low carb roll but I can see that would work well.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all sorry to hear you’ve not been so good @DJC3 and hope you recover for your hot air experience especially as weather good. Crossing fingers for you.
My new avatar btw is a photo on a bridge above a waterfall looking down at my new walking boots - new boots because old ones are now way too big old ones 6.5 new ones size 5 whoever knew how much fat could be on your feet! New boots did 6ish miles this am without probs so here’s hoping.
Breakfast bacon, egg and a couple of small greenish tomatoes fried in coconut oil
Lunch range of cheeses with celery
Dinner chilli con carne minus the beans and a glass of red wine planning oppo ice cream later.
Decorating our bedroom tomorrow will be good when done.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Rachox @maglil55 and @shelley262 I’ll let you know how ( if) it went tomorrow. If you’re in the Chilterns region don’t look up!
Shelley who knew shoe size drops with weight loss? Nice boots.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Rachox @maglil55 and @shelley262 I’ll let you know how ( if) it went tomorrow. If you’re in the Chilterns region don’t look up!
Shelley who knew shoe size drops with weight loss? Nice boots.
My keto way of eating clearly means the hunt for fat is on - wherever it is. Don’t think I’ve ever lost weight from my feet before but never got as low in weight as currently am on previous and many high carb and low fat diets and also always put it back on so quickly that the feet didn’t have time to change!

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I only knew a Denver as an omelette. Never thought about putting it on a low carb roll but I can see that would work well.
A toasted Denver sandwich is a regular offering in restaurants here in Canada. They are yummy.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gee it's nice being stable again. Bed 6.9 FBG 5.6. Yessss. No DP and pretty much stable. Back to Aqua too. Right arm still hurts but physio is right - not as bad when you work it.
B. 1/2 avocado, 4 Santini tomatoes and tablespoon of prawns.
L. 1/2 Mattesons smoked sausage. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
D. DD chicken carbonara - gee it's good. Don't salt it though. There's enough from the ham and cheese. Also used a little cream to loosen it and I cooked a sliced up chicken breast. Served with a pot of wilted spinach (didn't need anything on the spinach with the sauce on the chicken).

Might have a scoop of Breyers mint ice cream later (not as creamy as the cookie dough one).

Nice to get back to Aqua. Sad though, only one more week before the mean man (As No 1 grandson calls him) shuts down our health club. We're using it to the bitter end though.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 x boiled eggs with Marmite soldiers made with one slice of HiLo bread followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid-afternoon: Hartleys 10cal jelly and a black coffee.
Dinner: cold roast chicken with salad of cauli, broccoli and celery, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by the now famous low carb lemon drizzle cake warm with extra thick double cream :hungry:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today food wise nothing exciting to report, didn’t feel like breakfast but ended up eating 4 homemade chorizo and cheese crisps, lunch was 3 heck chicken sausages, these were cold, left over extras from yesterday, cheese
This evening we picked up a takeaway, I’d been to pick up my new car straight from work so we were a bit excited and didn’t want to cook. I just had a curry with a poppadom no rice or Naan bread

Car is amazing and a lovely way to end what’s been a busy week.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Catching up after my work travel and a long day out in the sun at Kew Gardens today.

@DJC3 sorry to hear you’re not feeling too good; @maglil55 glad you’re recovering.

Totally over ate on work trip. All low carb (well except for the 2 small bags of crisps on train), just very large quantities. Result 0.8kg gain.

To compensate yesterday and today were both 23/1 fasting days.

Yesterday’s dinner was at Shake Shack. Bunless cheeseburger with lettuce tomatoes onion and mayonnaise.

Today’s was more like 2 meals as I was really hungry. Fathead pizza with pepperoni and Polish sausage topping- I don’t use any sauce. Dessert was lazy mousse with a teaspoon of almond butter swirled in. Was still hungry - consecutive fasting days don’t seem to be a good idea anymore - so ate a Lidl protein roll with almond butter.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today food wise nothing exciting to report, didn’t feel like breakfast but ended up eating 4 homemade chorizo and cheese crisps, lunch was 3 heck chicken sausages, these were cold, left over extras from yesterday, cheese
This evening we picked up a takeaway, I’d been to pick up my new car straight from work so we were a bit excited and didn’t want to cook. I just had a curry with a poppadom no rice or Naan bread

Car is amazing and a lovely way to end what’s been a busy week.
My views today, much nicer than my strange food choices today

Attachments

• 3AA4AED2-33B1-4931-A778-C9C0FA11EDE3.jpeg
    3AA4AED2-33B1-4931-A778-C9C0FA11EDE3.jpeg
    614.7 KB · Views: 326
Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Catching up after my work travel and a long day out in the sun at Kew Gardens today.

@DJC3 sorry to hear you’re not feeling too good; @maglil55 glad you’re recovering.

Totally over ate on work trip. All low carb (well except for the 2 small bags of crisps on train), just very large quantities. Result 0.8kg gain.

To compensate yesterday and today were both 23/1 fasting days.

Yesterday’s dinner was at Shake Shack. Bunless cheeseburger with lettuce tomatoes onion and mayonnaise.

Today’s was more like 2 meals as I was really hungry. Fathead pizza with pepperoni and Polish sausage topping- I don’t use any sauce. Dessert was lazy mousse with a teaspoon of almond butter swirled in. Was still hungry - consecutive fasting days don’t seem to be a good idea anymore - so ate a Lidl protein roll with almond butter.
Pleased you had a treat day out today especially after working hard in the good weather yesterday. I really would find consecutive 23/1 fasting days hard now can’t believe I did it for a month without hunger - mind you I was three stone heavier then so plenty in the body stores!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pleased you had a treat day out today especially after working hard in the good weather yesterday. I really would find consecutive 23/1 fasting days hard now can’t believe I did it for a month without hunger - mind you I was three stone heavier then so plenty in the body stores!

It was great to go somewhere during the working week as it’s so much less crowded. My boss gave me a day off because of all the extra hours I’ve been doing while traveling and because we have a very busy week next week. You’re doing great with maintaining.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you got to enjoy the sunshine at Kew yesterday @Goonergal your boss does sound like a good egg.

I was up v early for the balloon flight, luckily my dodgy tum had recovered after a day on peppermint tea. Too early to eat before setting off.
B: glass of champagne when we landed!

L: 1/2 avocado and some prawns. Adonis blondie bar

D: BBQ again, well sort of - it started raining so poor Mr C was dispatched outside to cook it and we all stayed inside and ate it!
Small steak, 100% beef burger slice of halloumi and salad with olive oil dressing.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you had a good time! I bet the balloon ride was incredible. Our weather has been amazing today, so I hope yours was too.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all - your day sounds like fun @DJC3 - at least you had good weather whilst you were up in the air. In contrast we had a worky day decorating our bedroom but hurrah it’s done. Just a few more bits here and there to do next weekend to finish our spring decorating project!
Breakfast bacon, egg and mushrooms fried in coconut oil
Lunch cheese and celery followed by slice of low carb lemon drizzle warm with cream - still moist after nearly a week!
Dinner chicken curry served with a slice of livlife bread fried in coconut oil
Gin and soda reward calling and maybe coffee and choc later!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria and @shelley262 it was incredible, like nothing else, so peaceful and serene up there, watching deer run out of fields and farm animals like little toys. The weather was perfect too.

You’ve been decorating non stop for a couple of weeks shelley, your house must look lovely now, so satisfying, and probably quite a good work out!