Another rant

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-54-09.png Same food, same beer , same exercize, same insulin ,two hypo's . I never wanted to be a woman anyway, let alone juggling diabetes and periods :(
On the other hand, this is my bed tonight, and the hypo will pass, so life is not that bad after all :)
(Ah, can't upload the picture of my bed in the garden with dogs and cats, but it looks as good as you can imagine :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 26183 Same food, same beer , same exercize, same insulin ,two hypo's . I never wanted to be a woman anyway, let alone juggling diabetes and periods :(
On the other hand, this is my bed tonight, and the hypo will pass, so life is not that bad after all :)
(Ah, can't upload the picture of my bed in the garden with dogs and cats, but it looks as good as you can imagine :)

Sorry, nothing but sympathy to add, Antje, although I can only imagine the inability to add your desired pic all helped with the mix!

Yesterday I had a "real life" rant that didn't have enough internet left to cope with, so I feel for you.

Sometimes I think the forum needs a "Sulkers Corner", except I might not make it out of it too often!

Sleep well.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooh I wish I could see the dogs and cats!! :) Sounds very nice (apart from the hypo of course!)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypo is gone , so I'm left with a perfect bed full of dogs (the cats will come when I'm almost asleep ) in the garden directly next to the part of the garden reserved for the chickens and rabbits. Not sure if I still think it's a perfect place to sleep when my 2 cocks decide it's morning, but I can always move to my usual bed by then :)

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm an idiot. Same food, same beer, same insulin, same exercize, same hypo of course. Should have expected it after yesterday. At least I caught it in time today, 4,1 on my meter, 3,7 with a downward arrow on my libre
Ooh I wish I could see the dogs and cats!! :) Sounds very nice (apart from the hypo of course!)
There you go! The fifth dog is under the blanket and the other cat wasn't there but 5 out of 7 ain't bad, I think :)
20180419_211652_resized.jpg
20180419_002041_resized.jpg

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm an idiot. Same food, same beer, same insulin, same exercize, same hypo of course. Should have expected it after yesterday. At least I caught it in time today, 4,1 on my meter, 3,7 with a downward arrow on my libre

There you go! The fifth dog is under the blanket and the other cat wasn't there but 5 out of 7 ain't bad, I think :)
View attachment 26210 View attachment 26211

Great stuff. I've always thought beds should be made entirely out of dogs. At the very least, dogs make great hot water bottles.

Also, I've only just realised, on close inspection, that that isn't a neck pillow in your avatar :)

View attachment 26183I never wanted to be a woman anyway

I'm sorry to hear this, you sound like my sister! However

...when my 2 cocks decide it's morning

My sister would be quite envious of that.

Reactions: DJC3

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's her favorite spot when driving. She sleeps there during longer trips and she loves to stick her head out the window to enjoy the wind :)

That's lovely :) My mum's dog is almost blind and a little bit brain damaged (we think - she's a rescue dog so we never knew her full history). But full of love and very happy. Her favourite position in the world when I visit is to be squashed between my back and the couch - she uses me to make a little dog-cave for her. It makes an uncomfortable sitting position for me but I don't mind because she loves it so much and makes happy snorting sounds :)

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely pics, @Antje77 :) Pets have the most amazing capacity for lifting away stress and giving unconditional love. I hope you feel better and that you also managed to get some sleep as my one cat -The World's Most Self-Entitled Cat :cat: - takes over 2/3 of the bed (kingsize), never mind five dogs and two cats!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 26183 I never wanted to be a woman anyway
I'm sorry to hear this, you sound like my sister! However

...when my 2 cocks decide it's morning
My sister would be quite envious of that.
(copy-pasted as the reply thingy doesn't seem to work)

So, I guess something funny happened with using English as a second language, @AdamJames . Just to make sure you won't all get very strange thoughts about me, I was of course referring to the feathery animals who think crowing like crazy at an unholy hour is a fine way to start the day...

Also, I've only just realised, on close inspection, that that isn't a neck pillow in your avatar :)
(Huh, now the reply function works again. Whatever.)
I hope you also noticed it isn't a very furry armrest in my car. Or actually it is, but only when it feels like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I guess something funny happened with using English as a second language, @AdamJames .

Your English seems perfect to me :) The problem is that my mind never left my school days.

I hope you also noticed it isn't a very furry armrest in my car. Or actually it is, but only when it feels like it.

I wasn't sure to be honest, but after noticing the dog neck-pillow I sort of presumed you had a living, breathing arm rest.

I can only imagine what is just out of shot to the right - a steering wheel made from sleeping cat?

How have the recent nights under the stars been? Clear enough for stars but not too cold I hope. Not that there's any danger of getting cold when you have a living bed :)

Is this something you do often?

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The problem is that my mind never left my school days.
That's not a problem, it's a way to get more laughs out of life. I'm still wondering about your sister though...
I can only imagine what is just out of shot to the right - a steering wheel made from sleeping cat?
Nope, usually only dogs in the car. I did try with the cats, but they really don't like coming along in the car. The dogs will kill the rabbits when I would take them along for a ride, so they get to stay at home and the guinea-pigs dont like to be lifted and their legs are to short to hop in. I could take the chickens of course, but the thought of chicken **** chickens me out a bit.
How have the recent nights under the stars been? Clear enough for stars but not too cold I hope. Not that there's any danger of getting cold when you have a living bed :)

Is this something you do often?
I love sleeping in my garden, but up to last week it really was too muddy and in the summer there are too many mosquito's. I tried a mosquito net once but that didn't work as I was freeing tangled pets all night.
And yes, lots of stars and the light from a nearby lightouse :)

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still wondering about your sister though...

You and me both.

And yes, lots of stars and the light from a nearby lightouse :)

That sounds amazing. I love sleeping outside / under the stars. I can't do it where I live but I like it when I'm out walking at the weekends and the weather is suitable. It's not often it's suitable - usually the ground is too muddy or it's so warm there are lots of insects as you say. But when the time/situation is right, it's a lovely thing to do.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's lovely :) My mum's dog is almost blind and a little bit brain damaged (we think - she's a rescue dog so we never knew her full history). But full of love and very happy. Her favourite position in the world when I visit is to be squashed between my back and the couch - she uses me to make a little dog-cave for her. It makes an uncomfortable sitting position for me but I don't mind because she loves it so much and makes happy snorting sounds :)

Have you considered the dog might be making chortling noises, having yet again made you suitably uncomfortable and totally compliant?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes thinks it's funny I think. Same food (exactly the same as yesterday ) , same beer, same exercize, same insulin, stubborn high for a change. Have taken a correction twice but still going up, so I put my fast acting pen out of reach to prevent myself from over-bolusing. Probably it's because it cooled off tonight , or my period works differently on day 3, or maybe something to do with the moon, or what my neighbor had for dinner or the fact that I wore a red shirt today instead of blue.
It's a wonder I usually get it kind of right with my bg .
Have you considered the dog might be making chortling noises, having yet again made you suitably uncomfortable and totally compliant?
Ah, that's what pets do. They make us feel needed and useful and give us the feeling we can make a difference to someones' life :) That's why we love them so much!

Reactions: eggs11

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Diabetes thinks it's funny I think. Same food (exactly the same as yesterday ) , same beer, same exercize, same insulin, stubborn high for a change. Have taken a correction twice but still going up, so I put my fast acting pen out of reach to prevent myself from over-bolusing. Probably it's because it cooled off tonight , or my period works differently on day 3, or maybe something to do with the moon, or what my neighbor had for dinner or the fact that I wore a red shirt today instead of blue.
It's a wonder I usually get it kind of right with my bg .

Ah, that's what pets do. They make us feel needed and useful and give us the feeling we can make a difference to someones' life :) That's why we love them so much!
What did you treat your hypos with? Carbs come back and bite me. You?

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Haha! Now that you mention it, I think if I plotted a graph of my discomfort levels vs her happy-noise levels, there would be a strong correlation! Oh, dear... I still love her though.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What did you treat your hypos with? Carbs come back and bite me. You?
Thanks, Ichihun. I used small sweet and half a slice of bread. And that was a day earlier, so I don't think it can be that. I'm very happy I found out early on that I need far less than the recommended amount of carbs to get me out of a hypo. I don't like eating when hypo so it's easy not to overdo it and start a roller-coaster. I usually end up in the 5's after treating a hypo.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, Ichihun. I used small sweet and half a slice of bread. And that was a day earlier, so I don't think it can be that. I'm very happy I found out early on that I need far less than the recommended amount of carbs to get me out of a hypo. I don't like eating when hypo so it's easy not to overdo it and start a roller-coaster. I usually end up in the 5's after treating a hypo.

Not that I'm really comfortable talking about this with a woman, but, out of curiosity, do you find things easier to control at ... other ... times of the month?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not that I'm really comfortable talking about this with a woman, but, out of curiosity, do you find things easier to control at ... other ... times of the month?
Haha, you already know I don't really consider myself much of a woman, so no need to feel uncomfortable :p . And I think yes, it's easier the rest of the month. I'm not completely sure about that though, as I've only started to notice this pattern of needing less insulin just before my period in the last 3 months, hadn't thought of looking for a pattern before. So it could easily be coincidence, as diabetes pulls nasty tricks on me sometimes at all times of the month.
I am sure those tricks annoy me more when starting my period, as everything annoys me more for 2 days every month.

Reactions: AdamJames