Carb free yoghurt alternative

Dabe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Tried this today from Morrison's tasted fair definitely a soya taste but fresh worked well with berries it's a semi set consistency seems ok for a dessert or breakfast not sure about cooking though

Dabe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Tried this today from Morrison's tasted fair definitely a soya taste but fresh worked well with berries it's a semi set consistency seems ok for a dessert or breakfast not sure about cooking though
Alpro plain unsweetened
1524076106582.jpg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok if you want to eat soya products. Personally I avoid them..
Full fat greek for me (in smallish) 100g amounts.

Reactions: BigIain

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy versions of it from Tesco, I get the plain ones, just plain, or with coconut or with almond - under 3 percent carbs - I add desiccated coconut, chia seeds or frozen berries - or I mix them with gelatin or sugar free jelly.
I have not seen toe zero carb version - though I have made suggestions about lowering the carb content recently - I also suggested printing the type/flavour on the wrapper, and making the vanilla flavour carton more distinct from the plain - having bought it by mistake once and being revolted by the taste of it - then horrified at the carb content.
They did print the cartons and made the vanilla one more yellow - so they do take heed.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coconut yog (coyo) is also v low carb. And delicious! :D

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fage is my new favourite, flavoured with a couple of berries it is very morish.

Reactions: Dabe

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok if you want to eat soya products. Personally I avoid them..
Full fat greek for me (in smallish) 100g amounts.
I don't avoid soya but I agree about the Greek yogurt, Fage is my favourite.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat soya yogurt as I'm a bit dairy intolerant - and I love the Alpro ones, particularly the plain with almond. I also like the CoYo yogurts - one Raw chocolate one is very tasty and one small pot is very filling.

Reactions: Freema

MikeyU

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Not sure if it's available in UK but here in Switzerland I buy Icelandic yogurt called Skyr, very low carbs, no sugar added. Available at Lidl. Plain one is very sour, but fruity ones taste really good, very low carbs too. Other supermarkets also sell Skyr but it's full of sugar, only one from Lidl is good.

Reactions: Freema and Dabe

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

Muller light yogurt is nice only 60 calls for a big carton of it I love it from asda.
Nice to eat some out of fridge on a hot day.

Diligent500.

BigIain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Carbs
Hi to all,

Muller light yogurt is nice only 60 calls for a big carton of it I love it from asda.
Nice to eat some out of fridge on a hot day.

Diligent500.
I'm generally avoiding anything that says light... it often has more sugar than regular.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to you,

My phone is temperamental so changes words you type.
I don't think it has more sugar as my readings are a lot better than what they used to be.

Diligent500

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Quark? Actually cheese but similar to plain yoghurt? It's what the arla 20g protein 'yoghurt' is.

Reactions: Freema

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I made my own yogurt, which was relatively light on carbs high in calories but yummy

I used a 1/2 US Gallon of heavy whipping cream & 1/2 gallon of 1/2&1/2 (coffee & full fat milk blended). Precious few carbs & if matured for 24 hours then strain thru a colander and cheesecloth to get save off the whey and the leftovers are now an honest to goodness Greek yogurt. All the lactose becomes lactic acid and thus no sugars. I can then blend in fresh fruit like blueberries raspberries etc to make it interesting. I've been know to put uncooked whole oats into a pot of this yogurt and I get a resistant starch too.. Nice way to start the day..