Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I am trying to keep it together but can’t stop crying.
I was also almost paralyzed when getting the diagnosis, at first I felt like having had a death sentance... but thanks to people in here I found out how easy it is to get blood glucose levels down to normal which the doctors and nurses usually don´t teach well enough... medication only help very little in type 2 diabetes

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was also almost paralyzed when getting the diagnosis, at first I felt like having had a death sentance... but thanks to people in her I found out how easy it is to get blood glucose levels down to normal which the doctors and nurses usually don´t teach well enough... medication only help very littl in type 2 diabetes

I’m trying to figure out how much to eat and when. Also what. I know veg and some protein and no carbs. Already follow low carb eating so am confused. I will go to the nutrition forum. I know I need to exercise and started that today. I already feel tingles in legs and hands so think I must have had this for a while. I am afraid but will do whatever it takes.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m trying to figure out how much to eat and when. Also what. I know veg and some protein and no carbs. Already follow low carb eating so am confused. I will go to the nutrition forum. I know I need to exercise and started that today. I already feel tingles in legs and hands so think I must have had this for a while. I am afraid but will do whatever it takes.

PLEASE DONT BE SO SCARED... we all learn to manage over a few month if we do what is necessary

there are lots of information and recipes other places in this forum :https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/low-carb-diet-forum.18/

this thread is for reporting daily morning blood glucose

I´ll tag @daisy1 so you can recieve the information all new people in here get ..

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am afraid but will do whatever it takes.
@JMcB the condition certainly deserves respect but not fear. In terms of whatever it takes, I would bet you didn't test a month ago so you had no idea what your bg levels were. By testing and posting here you have already begun to seize the initiative in controlling the condition. There will be ups and downs but this community will always offer support. Let's turn those tears to smiles asap! You have literally thousands of friends and supporters on here so lets do this thing.

Last edited:

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@JMcB the condition certainly deserves respect but not fear. In terms of whatever it takes, I would bet you didn't test a month ago so you had no idea what your bg levels were. By testing and posting here you have already begun to seize the initiative in controlling the condition. There will be ups and downs but this community will always offer support. Lets turn those tears to smiles asap! You have literally thousands of friends on supporters on here so lets do this thing.

Am working on it!

Reactions: Prem51

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
how much to eat and when. Also what. I know veg and some protein and no carbs.
Hi @JMcB , “how much” is not so important, believe me. “How much carbs” is important. “I know veg and some protein” - veg, fat and protein is the right answer. I know you will catch all needed information on this forum :nurse: . Good start is that you are here!

Last edited: