What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I will take life’s small victories where I can find them.
Small victories you say. Hot air balloon rides, Champagne. Malbec and Pinotage - luxury. We used to ,,,,,:angelic: (Says the man who considers an avocado masher a necessity)

Edit: 4.9 after lunch (using avocado masher - obs) so #Caramellattegate all over.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No but a friend who is a recovering alcoholic told me she once was given vodka and tonic while her partner got the straight lemonade. The panic she felt Nearly sent her into a relapse, but she managed to give herself a good talking to, as I expect you did, and remind herself that this one little incident didn’t invalidate all the years of effort and good work she had put in.
6.5 is still pretty good in my book.
How awful

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
@geefull Your numbers always look brilliant to me. I keep repeating "thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's fbg numbers" but it doesn't work. In the back of my mind I keep hearing Gary Player's words when I see your numbers and @Mbaker's.
"You know , the harder I practice the luckier I seem to get" God bless you both!
Kind words Ian. My numbers are experimental in so far as I am able to push hard physically to drop by around 0.8 mmol, this involves feeling the burn, which some may not be in a position to do (or want to do). I am over my 8 month arm injury so can now perform deadlifts. I have bad luck, in that the fat I carry is mid section and mainly visceral (around 6% out of 10); I will always have to be on guard, as my personal fat threshold appears low and my initial diagnosis showed I was really broken. I also have good luck in that I can obtain low numbers and try different things. I need to get my mind right, as I still overeat nuts - still a work in progress.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m off to walking football and then a free ticket to the Arsenal game (cue rude remarks from @ianpspurs ;)).
@Goonergal Enjoy your day and no rude remarks after our serial bottler display yesterday. At least Arsene won some trophies as well as getting Champs League. I imagine there will be some very smug faces in your part of North London:banghead:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal Enjoy your day and no rude remarks after our serial bottler display yesterday. At least Arsene won some trophies as well as getting Champs League. I imagine there will be some very smug faces in your part of North London:banghead:

Looking forward to seeing his reception. My season ticket is with someone else this year as I was fed up with the toxic atmosphere, but got a free ticket for this game via the walking football, which is at the Arsenal Hub.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Very pleased with that compared with the regular 9s of the last couple of months.

The 3.9 yesterday was a deliberate effort to 'bottom out' to see if that would help get things back on track but there was no way I could sustain that effort.

So yesterday I had a normal routine. Ate a fair bit of food (about 1900 calories), didn't do any exercise outside of hobbies that I enjoy (a very nice bike ride and short walk) and even ate my last food quite late, which is never a good idea for me, and it was quite carby (about 20g).

It's given me hope that I may be able to 'cheat' my way through the HbA1c in three weeks, since blood sugars closer to the time apparently affect the average a lot more than earlier ones. If I stick to less carby foods and doing the walking after the last food at night I may be able to keep things nice and low, this seems to have worked in the past.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning gang 6.8 this am , not sure why a mini rise- had quite a big but mostly low carb dinner. However lots of low carb adds up so back to normal today, smaller portions and hopefully better numbers and continuation of downward trend. Enjoy the

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening all you Mordor ( London ) marathon runners, my contribution to the marathon is to donate my running shoes to the dust bin.
A 6.7 from me this morning.
All this running exercise on the telly is making me think a full engrish four breakfast.
Have a good day folks.