Biekmas83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, should my dose of tresiba hd my blood sugar flat or slowly drop it over the cause of the day or night? At 11pm my sugars were 10. Woke up at 7 and they where 5. I am seeing through and inbetween meals that my sugars drop slowly.

Should I be aiming for flat, and if so should I continue to drop my tresiba until they stop dropping over night and between meals?

Thanks

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How long have you been on it and what dose are you taking? I've had to significantly reduce my dose since I was diagnosed as I was dropping low while asleep and not waking up xx

Biekmas83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over a month now. However my line is much flatter, just the question should it slowly drop, or stay flat all day?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All basals are designed in mind to keep you level, it shouldn't be dropping you by 4.9mmol that's for sure, if your fast acting is keeping you pretty much even between meals etc then I would certainly suggest adjusting your dosage, if you don't mind me asking how long have you been diabetic? Could you not get in touch with your team to discuss things? xx

Biekmas83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
25 years. The first time I have had the data to tell me what's happening for 24hrs rather than 8-12 times a day....

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over a month now. However my line is much flatter, just the question should it slowly drop, or stay flat all day?
Well, I'm no expert been t1 for years but on Treseba since January... I can flat line from 8 till 8 staying on or around 7 or 8 but mostly I'll slowly drop from 8 to 5
... It's said that a slow drop of around 4 all night is fine and acceptable so I'm happy with that a flat line is a bonus !! I've got a lot flatter profile day and night but I don't anx to much if it veers off a bit , I'm only normal I tend to eat little or no carbs and can get a really flat line but I enjoy eating/ occasionally blow out as well so I jab when I eat well and I still get a flatish line its a gestumation of bolusing sometimes i getvit right sometimes i dont ..the D lives with me not the otherway round