• Not so good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

paulloseby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought one of these about 10 days ago. I am a silver haired (well bald actually) tech lover. I have only been recently diagnosed with type 2 and wanted something to keep an eye on things.

The blurb said that it was suitable for the iPhone 7 but I couldn't get it to connect. I contacted their support reporting the problem and within a day, there was an update for all so that it works perfectly with it. It did already work with my wife's android.

What do I think? Brilliant. I switch my phone on and make sure the bluetooth is connected. Click on the app; put a test strip in the monitor; take the blood and put it on the strip and hey presto, it all comes up on my phone. I can adjust any settings i.e. before or after breakfast - what format the readings should be in and it stores it on both on my phone and my computer. I can print out my complete history; email that to my doctor or let her have a file with all of the info on.

I don't know whether it is a downside as I've only used this but 50 test strips from Argos cost £17 and more elsewhere. I don't know if this is more or less than other monitors.

I can also enter my weight, BP and other information and the app down produce printable or fileable charts/ results in various different formats.

Big thumbs up from me

Paul